Don't think it's worth it?

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
GOTCHA!
Buy some tickets - spread the word!

I posted this on North Carolina Woodworkers website:

John Ronshagen
Over the last 5 years (20 tickets per year) I've won a Fuji 3 spray system, Lie Nielson plane, Mary May book + certificate for her online classes, Nova chuck jaws, 8 piece set of carving tools, Old brown glue, Zinzer seal coat, Waterlox, various finishes, misc. items, and
I'm sure some other 'major' prizes I can't remember. Some items (not advertised) are door prizes at the picnic for which you have to be there. Maybe I've been lucky but I would have (and did before the raffle) donated the same amount to NCWW to support their site and outreach. Buy some tickets and Please consider joining- there's no commitment, no dues, and you won't be pestered for anything by them or anyone else as they do not sell the member's list.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
John, I'll have to admit that your raffle success has been remarkable; unfortunately, my experiences have not been the same. That said, I go into each and every year believing that this is my year...so, I am very confident that THIS is my year! I recall a few years ago that I was standing next to Mike Davis when he was the grand prize winner; this past year I was sitting next to Charlie when his number was drawn for the grand prize...I have been in close proximity to big winners, so I am optimistic that Lady Luck will soon shine on me. I am not greedy, meaning I do not have to win the grand prize to be happy...with such great prizes in the draw I am confident that THIS year I will be taking home something to simile about! (I always go home smiling, with great food and being among friends how can you go home without a smile and thus a winner!)

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Donn,
Please sit by me this year!!

Reactions: drw

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Gene, I could be real popular this year, but I’ll try to reserve you a spot!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Unfortunately, I haven't won anything in the raffle. But that's not going to stop me from buying my raffle tickets. For what I spend on tickets, look at the benefits I receive. As the old Master Card commercial said "PRICELESS!" Donn, if I thought it would help, I would let you sit in my lap during the drawing.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do you have to be present to win, a little far to travel, RJ
You don't have to be present to win. Some prizes will ship directly from the manufacturer/provider, while arrangements will have to made for others.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I always buy tickets, probably far less than some, many more than others.
But I have no intention of winning anything, my goal in purchasing raffle tickets is to support this site since it is a small price to pay for interaction with a bunch of interesting and smart people!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I always buy tickets, probably far less than some, many more than others.
But I have no intention of winning anything, my goal in purchasing raffle tickets is to support this site since it is a small price to pay for interaction with a bunch of interesting and smart people!
Thank you!

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
If winning was my goal, I would have stopped buying tickets a long time ago. :) A ROI of less than 80% seems like a bad deal until you look at all the benefits NCWoodWorker.net provides. Keep up the good work Board of Directors! And to everyone else, BUY MORE TICKETS!!

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
John, could you buy me a lottery ticket

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
Ok just had John buy my tickets and am sitting next to Don...this should work. Looking forward to the picnic..

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Think about the cost of eating out, with a meal comparable to what we have at the picnic. Don't forget the great fellowship either (priceless.) Take that money and apply towards ticket purchases.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS