Done Deal - Group buy on foam brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I've been using foam brushes from Jen Manufacturing for years now and I really like them. Another thing that I like is that they are made in their own factory right here in the USA! It's time for me to restock and while investigating sources and prices, I found out that dealer pricing is available to me (and you too). If we have enough interest, we save a lot of money.

1" Poly-Brush $.14 each, we must buy 1200.

2" Poly-Brush $.23 each, we must buy 600

3" Poly-Brush $.31 each, we must buy 460

4" Poly-Brush $.41 each, we must buy 252

These prices include shipping to my shop in Pittsboro, NC. I have rounded up on the shipping cost per unit. Any residual over the actual total cost will be donated to NCWoodworker.net.

If we have a great response and end up buying 1 case of all of the above plus 1 more case of any of them, we would get all of the items for about 25% less than shown above.

Any interest? Lead time is 7-10 business days.

bobby g

We have sufficient quantities committed to on the 2" and 4" to realize the prices shown above. To realize the prices shown above on the 1" and 3", we would need additional commitments of 465 on the 1" and 116 on the 3".

If we have to order the lower quantities, the unit prices go up a lot. $.20 for the 1" and $.37 for the 3". These are still good prices though and shipping to my shop is included.

I'll leave this open for a few more days and then we can decide what to do.

bobby g

OK, I've got all of the updates and add-ons recorded. I'm going to place the order now at the levels and prices first mentioned even though we're 265 shy on the 1" and 90 shy on the 3". You all can increase your requests (some again) on these as well as new folks can jump in. However, additional 2" and 4" are no longer available. Hopefully I'll get them in time for the picnic.

bobby g

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Group buy on foam brushes

I would go in for 5 dozen 1", 3 dozen 2" and 2 dozen 3".

I know it's not much, but it's a start.

No rush, I can pick them up at your shop or if this happens in time for the picnic then there.

- Ken.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member

That's quite a deal, Bobby. Unfortunately, I have used a few brushes out of the big foam brush combo from Grizzly, so I many more on hand..

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Bobby, Please put me down for 100 2" and 50 3" Thanks

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member

I am interested,

Is there anything we shouldnt use them on? ie the ones from michaels have a sticker not to use with shellac or lacquer

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member

Count me in for 50 @1", 100@2" and 50@3"

Thanks for putting this together!
Steve

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

I am interested,

Is there anything we shouldnt use them on? ie the ones from michaels have a sticker not to use with shellac or lacquer

Steve,

Same info fro Jen Mfg.. Not for shellac or lacquer. Truth be told, I use them for shellac if it's a small job and I can quit before they begin to fall apart. YMMV.

bobby g

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member

I would like 100 - 1", and 50 of the 2", 3", and 4" sizes. Thanks so much for organizing this!

Amy

drw

Donn
Corporate Member

Bobby,
I would like 50 1" and 50 2" brushes. Thank you for doing this for the group!

Donn

bwat

New User
Bill

Yes, 100 of the 1", 50 of the 2" and 50 of the 3" please.
Thanks for being the enabler, again. :icon_thum

Last edited:

pudspens

New User
justin

can you ship to my house in fair play sc

if so put me down for 100 1" and 50 2"

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

can you ship to my house in fair play sc

if so put me down for 100 1" and 50 2"

Justin,

I can ship to your house in SC. They are light so it shouldn't be much. I'll let you know the amount.

bobby g

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

If folks in the Charlotte area want to get in on this, we can probably arrange for 1 consolidated PE.

bobby g

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Re: Update - Group buy on foam brushes

Bobby-
Please bump me up to 100 of the 1", at that price I'm sure I'll use them. And it'll only be a few $ more, total, than paying the higher price per each.
That makes my total 100 @ 1", 100 @ 2" and 50 @3"

Thanks
Steve

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Update - Group buy on foam brushes

Bobby if there is still time please put me in for 100 1" brushes.

Thanks for herding the cats and putting this together.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Bump up my 1" order to 100 and 50 each of the 2" and 3".

Originally:

I would go in for 5 dozen 1", 3 dozen 2" and 2 dozen 3".

I know it's not much, but it's a start.

No rush, I can pick them up at your shop or if this happens in time for the picnic then there.

- Ken.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

OK, I've got all of the updates and add-ons recorded. I'm going to place the order now at the levels and prices first mentioned even though we're 265 shy on the 1" and 90 shy on the 3". You all can increase your requests (some again) on these as well as new folks can jump in. However, additional 2" and 4" are no longer available. Hopefully I'll get them in time for the picnic.

bobby g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors