Donations Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well, I guess, I have to do the one thing that I hate to do, Ask for donations. While I realize that a lot of people sent in donations as a birthday present to me, that money by itself just doesn't do the job.:eek:

These last few months have been very expensive for the corporation.

Calendar
Klingspor

Legal Expenses
Accounting expenses

All of these activities cost money and our cash flow is not sufficent to take care of a bump like the we had in the first few months of the corporation existence. The calendar does not make money, yet. And the Klingspor event ends up costing no matter what.

The lawyer has not billed us yet, and I haven't pushed the issue.:gar-La; but since I have to back to him shortly, I'm sure he'll "remember".

The accounting firm will start billing starting in November.

Our advertising is starting to bring in money but not enough and I am still trying to figure out what is the best combination and best placement.

So bottom line, we need money, and from what I've seen we'll need to do a "Donation Drive" every quarter.

I know that money is tight, but if you can, please donate a little as soon as you can.

Thanks Steve.

BTW, if you decide that you are going to donate, please DO NOT SAY IT publicly. We want to keep confidential and we don't want to use peer pressure to generate revenue. If you need to ask me a question or share info about your donation, please do it via PM.

If you have suggestions or question about donations in general please ask them in this thread.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Steve,

Would it be possible to run an auction on here? Where the bids would be taken by posts and the winner is determined by the post?

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Is there any interest in a classified section on the website where each ad cost a reasonable fee? If the items did not have to be woodworking exclusive, there may be a decent opportunity for the generation of funds to put toward the site???

I just know that we have a great group of folks here, and I would much rather sell to a NCWW member than to invite a stranger in off of CL. I also know first hand that a lot of money and goods have been exchanged between members. My wallet can atest to that. :roll: It may be more trouble than it's worth (I don't know what it takes to make it happen behind the scenes), but I wanted to throw it out there.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Steve,

Would it be possible to run an auction on here? Where the bids would be taken by posts and the winner is determined by the post?

Like a lumber auction? Make the lots so many bdft, specify the type and widths of the boards. I am in the mood for some walnut.....

Or stuff members made? Good time for Christmas ornaments and gifts.

Tools? Like those extra chisels and planes you have in the shop?

Harbor Freight gift cards? I know it is odd to bid on a gift card, but still....

Secret Santa's? Those interested would donate $5 to put their names in the hat, and there would be, say, a $25 limit on the gifts? You could post the gift, so there would be no worry about coordinating a NCWW hoo-ha.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Like a lumber auction? Make the lots so many bdft, specify the type and widths of the boards. I am in the mood for some walnut.....

Or stuff members made? Good time for Christmas ornaments and gifts.

Tools? Like those extra chisels and planes you have in the shop?

Exactly!! I had mentioned to Steve about running a raffle for some turning blanks I have, but I think an auction might generate a little more revenue.

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
hi steve, just sent yuou a donation ,keep up the good work enjoy the site, by far the best woodworking site on the web.
cliff

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Steve,

A quarterly "Donation Drive" would work out fine for me, it would help remind me of what I want to do anyway:icon_thum. Hopefully it will work, because nobody wants to to see the alternative.

Thanks.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I think these are great Ideals as a new member I see the need for the drives. The auction is a great Ideal, but when to run them?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Steve: All good ideas. Here's something I hope you'll consider.

At the spring picnic, please give us the opportunity to donate to help offset the expenses. No one expects you to have to bear the entire cost of that event.

Not neccessary to make a donation "mandatory" but for those who can and will, please allow it. This thing will only get bigger and incur more expense as it grows.

M2CW

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Steve, I would like to suggest 50/50 drawings as a way to generate some revenue to help maintain expenses. You can get rolls of tickets at Wal-Mart and could email us our ticket # as we purchase the tickets. Have one every month if it would help. $1 a ticket or something like that. You would be surprised at how many may even donate their winnings back. Just a thought. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS