Does this look like a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Saw this ad on CL. Looks like a decent deal, if the saw runs good, of course. Not sure what these things normally sell for.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2406312285.html

Table Saw with side and outfeed tables - $1000 (Durham, NC)

Date: 2011-05-27, 3:40PM EDT
Reply to: sale-qau8s-2406312285@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale is this Powermatic model 66 table saw. It has a 10" blade with a Biesemeyer fence. It is extremely accurate. The saw comes with a 30" x 36" side table and a 4' x 8' outfeed table.

These saws sell upwards of $2,500. This is in good condition and I'm asking $1,000

Contact Peter

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n33od3l05Y15S25R3b5r39646bc2a1411478.jpg
3n63k73pb5Z25W05X1b5r5235072e7acf1a80.jpg

PostingID: 2406312285

eyekode

New User
Salem
I would say yes and no. PM66's are well regarded and hold their value fairly well. But when I went shopping I really wanted a riving knife. Not just a plug-in splitter type thingy. Something that goes up and down along with the arbor.

I ended up buying a G0691. It has been a pretty nice saw and I am glad I held out for a true riving knife. I have had quite a few pieces of wood try to bind on me and the riving knife held it open.

Good luck!
Salem

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Th e price is fair to midland for a great last saw!:icon_thum You most likely won't outlive that saw.:icon_thum If I was looking it would be gone already.:wwink:

TN Woodie

New User
John
It appears likely that the motor is single phase, but would probably be a deal breaker if it is three phase. (Unless of course you have three phase in your shop) Just something to verify before you buy.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for the responses.

I had been thinking that a riving knife was something that I wanted, if I was to get another saw. This just looked like a decent deal and would save me some time in not having to build the side and out-feed tables.

I sent an email and got some more information.

It is a left tilt, which can been seen in the pictures. The saw is ~20 years old, with a new motor. The fence is a Biesemeyer.

I now see that there are 4 PM66 listed on Raleigh CL. All in Raleigh & Durham. All for $995 - $1000. Going to see if I can arrange to see some or all this coming week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS