Does anyone have one 3m n95 mask I can buy from you?

Billm0066

Bill
User
Before the pandemic I had a small box of them but havent seen any in almost a year. All I need is one for a flight im going on friday, and my brother has one for me on my return flight. I hate to ask, but I know some wood workers have them. I do have a respirator but it would be awful to wear on a plane. Does anyone have one I can buy from you or trade some wood? Im in Raleigh so somewhere in the triangle is preferred. Or if you know of a store that has them? Amazon has kn95 with one day delivery but reviews are very mixed. Sorry again to ask but any help is very much appreciated.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Have you tried pharmacies or medical goods stores (those that sell wheelchairs, toilet seats, etc)?

George

Billm0066

Bill
User
Have you tried pharmacies or medical goods stores (those that sell wheelchairs, toilet seats, etc)?

George

No, I think most stores are not selling to reserve for medical use. I will call some and ask but this is my guess. Worst case is I order kn95 from amazon but was oping to get a real n95 for my flight.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
A layered cloth mask will work just fine. Kn95 are also good but probably over kill.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
N95 masks are discouraged for use outside of a healthcare setting. The general public should not use them for air travel or general use. They may seem like "the gold standard" for protection but not for the general public.

Billm0066

Bill
User
N95 masks are discouraged for use outside of a healthcare setting. The general public should not use them for air travel or general use. They may seem like "the gold standard" for protection but not for the general public.

It's not recommended because they dont want people to hoard them and diminish supply. It doesnt seem to help since people know better. I found one so thank you everyone for reading.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I would wear whatever makes you comfortable with your safety, and meets the airlines' requirements. A mask or respirator with an exhaust port will protect you better, but is less effective for protecting others. Good hand sanitation/hygiene will be the best for protecting you. If you try to comply with all the advice from the differing views of the medical community, you will drive yourself nuts. Its a no-win situation.

Good luck on your travels. I do not envy you for that experience.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
It's not recommended because they dont want people to hoard them and diminish supply. It doesnt seem to help since people know better. I found one so thank you everyone for reading.

Where did you hear or read that malarkey?

Good luck on your airline flight to see your brother and have a nice visit.

Last edited:

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
They are definitely not overkill. They are required in a ww'ing shop.

I've ordered N95's off Amazon & saw N95 masks at my Home Depot just the other day.

Like so many other subjects about this deal, there is so much misinformation out there. Most healthcare workers don't wear them they wear procedure masks, plus you simply can't wear an N95 all day long without risking hypercapnea.

Not to mention where is the evidence they even work................oops, I let that slip.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
If you are okay with KN95 mask Food Lion seems to keep those in stock, at my local Food Lion they are typically either on the medicine aisle, an end cap or a large bin at the front.

smurg

New User
Marty
Where did you hear or read that malarkey?

Good luck on your airline flight to see your brother and have a nice visit.

Fauci said it directly: Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough

N95 will be better than a run of the mill mask for protecting yourself (most loose masks only benefit to stop infecting others by collecting coarse droplets when exiting your mouth during talking and do little to protect yourself). The article you linked is correct that you shouldn't wear a mask with a valve (N95 or other), but it's other points are negligible: it might not fit right (sure, but at that point, it's still better than a loose-fitting cloth mask) & it may be uncomfortable (doesn't matter if we're discussing effectiveness).

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
GENTLEMAN.... Just a reminder NCWW is not a place to debate the social or scientific impact of masks. This is a wood working site. Bill nicely asked where he could purchase masks. Please keep you post on only that question.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS