Do you have "free" unlimited long distance?

Do you have "free" long distance?

• Yes, I have free long distance (cell phone users: Make sure you also have sufficient minutes)

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No, I do not have free long distance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Even though cell phone plans and home phone bundles advertise with "free" long distance, there's no such thing as free. You just don't pay by the minute. But since that's too wordy to type, I'll use the term "free" as well.

I've been looking at teleconference providers. There's two options: You get the service for free, but you dial in using a long-distance phone number, or you pay anywhere from 2 to 10 cents per minute (per person dialling in), but you get a toll free (1-800) access number.

If most of us have "free" long distance, the first option is preferable. For the remaining people, we buy a calling card that costs 1.75 cents/ minute (pingo.com). Even if 4 or 5 of us need it, that's less than $5 for an hour long call. If more than 50% of us would need a calling card, then getting a teleconference service with a toll free number would be more convenient at roughly the same price.
(If you've never used a calling card, it's really easy: You dial a 1-800 number, and when prompted, dial the conference number and then enter a PIN.)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
So far 11 Yes and 0 no. This will make things easier :)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have a conference # via Free Conference (http://www.freeconference.com/Home.aspx). As the name implies, it's free. They do offer premium services for which you have to pay, but the basic service doesn't cost anything. The only "catch" is that you have to dial into a 605 number (South Dakota). At least, the account that I got has a 605 number, it may vary.

If anyone wants to try it, the # is (605) 715-4920 and the passcode is 319491. When prompted, enter the passcode and hit #. You'll then be asked to say your name and hit # again. If you're the only participant, you'll just hear elevator music until someone else joins. I suggest that someone else registers for an account as well, just so that we have multiple numbers.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
i signed up, too. I expect the magic numbers will hit my email in several minutes, but I won't see them until tomorrow morning.

Okay, another conference # for NCWW: 605-715-4920 x 566-3556

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS