DNA Method For Drying A Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

crokett

New User
David
This is admittedly a very small sample but... a 12" green polar bowl and a 10" green poplar bowl soaked in DNA a few weeks ago are both just about dry and ready to finish. A green 8" walnut bowl that was nonetheless not nearly as wet as the poplar was turned last week and not soaked in DNA. I opened the bag to check it last night and there is a large crack down one side. It is also still pretty wet.

JRD

New User
Jim
I've been turning for about ten years now, and after discovering DNA about 9 years ago, it's all I use!

Occasionally, I'll still get a piece that will split but not very often at all.

Jim

JRD

New User
Jim
I suppose you could find a way to measure the specific gravity of the DNA after use, but I've just changed it out after it appears to not be working as well, or treated pieces take longer than normal to dry.
Let's see if any of the major minds out there has a good answer. I'm interested too.

Jim

crokett

New User
David
Ok, it will take some experimenting with me cause I don't know what 'normal' is yet. Only done 2 poplar bowls, one seemed to dry a lot faster but it is also considerably thinner and larger. It might be too thin to turn round again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS