DIY Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste6168

New User
Mike
All,

I just bought a new house and have a bunch of DIY type repairs that are going to need to be made. Some of which I know how to do, some of which I have an idea about, and others I need to research. Anyone know of a (good) DIY type forum, similar to NCWoodworker but a more general site? Thanks!

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Over the years I've found right here at NCWW to be a very good resource for that kind of thing. The "How-To" and "Off-Topic" forums would probably be the appropriate place. We are blessed with a few GC's and many who have done one home repair or another. I've never found need to look elsewhere for solid advice on home DIY projects.

My $0.02 worth...

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I agree with Chris. There is a section for folks to bring up other topics, which I have found useful for other home stuff besides Woodworking. I also tend to search for DIY stuff online in general, check code books and with the local building inspector who has always been helpful. Fine homebuilding has a lot of solid information as well.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
This forum (DIY - Home Improvement) is a good choice in my opinion although I'm a little biased. We have several contractors and other experts as members that usually have good answers based on real experience.

The This Old House website might be another good resource for information. Not sure if they have any forums, but they do have a lot of videos on various topics such as you mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS