Directions to Tri-county Scroller show in Lancaster, Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
I had sent this in another post for some who were coming up to the Pa. show June 7 in Lancaster, Pa. They (Dick and Rita Cunningham) were leaving from the Apex, NC. area. I thought I'd share it with all in case other were contemplating the trip.

I see where you are located and the best way up here from there is the way I use to come down to Chesnee, SC to visit my son and his family. Over to Charlotte, take 77N all the way to Wyethville (actually thats the end of 77), take 81 N all the way to Pa. Get off 81 in Chambersburg and take 76 (Pa. turnpike). Follow 76 to the rt. 83 exit. Head south on rt 83 toward York. In York get off 83 at the rt 30 exit on Whiteford Rd. (21A)and take rt 30 over to Lancaster. Don't forget to check the "*shoe house" on the right side of the rd. just past the Galeria Mall exit (rt 24/Mt. Zion rd.) If you see the WSBA studio building-you went past it. Neat history http://www.shoehouse.us/. Cross over Susquehanna River. After a while (10-15 minutes) you'll see a large mall on the left (try to control your wife's urge to stop) In fact for the next mile or two there will be a couple malls to your right also. Once you pass these, it's time to start looking for the Greenfield Rd. exit. Get off the ramp and at the bottom turn right. You'll go back under rt. 30 and just past the overpass you'll see the Holiday Inn on your right. There's gas station there, a deli/bakery, Hampton Inn, Isaac' Deli, etc. Nice place.
Hampton Inn (717)299-1200, Holiday Inn (717)299-2551, Greenfield (717)393-0668-just up trhe road about 1/4 mile.
It takes me 2 days because of physical limitations but when I used to do it in one day it took about 8-9 hours (with a good tail wind). :confused_

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Sadly, if the tri-counties aren't Johnston, Harnett, and Wake I won't be able to attend:lol:. Y'all have a good time.

Jimmy:)

M

McRabbet

From Apex area, I'd drive up NC 751 until it ends and take old US70 west to the north side of Hillsborough to pick up NC 86 North to Danville. Follow the bypass around Danville and stay on US 29 to Lynchburg -- just north of town (5-10 miles), take US 50 west over the mountain to Lexington and pick up I-81 there. Lots shorter than going all the way west to I-77 and it is good road all the way. Just my .02 -- I've made that trip dozens of times....

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Sounds good to me. I'm usually on my way down 77 to get to 85 and Charlotte to get to the Spartanburg and Chesnee area in SC. I just like to avoid using 95 to come down or go back to Pa. at ALL cost. I really hate that traffic and idiots on that road.

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Sorry to mess up every body but, we lived just outside of Honny Brook, southeast of New Holland form 1964 to 1976 and have been back several times since so I knew the aera back then But the place has changed a lot since 76. I have 2 sister's over in Jersey that we will visit while we are back north.
dick

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Pop: we would like to see you at the show if you will be there saturday. Anybody else comming to the show let us know so we can conect at the show?
Pop can we have a shop crawl?
dick and rita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS