Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
From concept:
Dining_table_assy_7_full.jpg

To reality:

IMG_08911.JPG

Just a few pics, not brilliant, but I will try and take some more. I will also try and do a "how I did it" if any body is interested.

Material cost was about $2,000, of which $1400 was the custom glass. The woods are Curly soft maple and cherry.

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_08872.JPG

IMG_08851.JPG

Thanks for looking. Those who are coming on the shop crawl can poke around it and see it in more detail.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
David, that's BEAUTIFUL!

I'm glad to see the finished product! And please show us a "how ya dun it".

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Eek! Angled through tenons, braces and floating skirts! Please, no "how-to", my head would explode :) Actually I'd love to hear about how you put this together, I am _very_ impressed how you used traditional techniques to build a contemporary piece.

Absolutely beautiful work.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Wow that is one awesome looking table. I have to say, I'm partial to people mixing in other materials with wood. The rippled glass looks great with the maple.

Wes

nelsone

New User
Ed
Beautiful work David! I am more interested in the inspiration for the piece than the how-to, but I would be interested in that too!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
VERY nice - design and execution :icon_thum

So when do you start on the matching chairs??? :wink_smil

pete

sapwood

New User
Roger
Delightful piece of furniture . . . er, art :icon_thum

Of course, we expect no less from you :gar-Bi

Roger

DavidF

New User
David
Beautiful work David! I am more interested in the inspiration for the piece than the how-to, but I would be interested in that too!

The inspiration was trying not to be the same! When I started the design I realised just how hard it is to build a functional table that wasn't just a top and four legs that looked like every other table:gar-La; I think I managed to move "out of the box" even if just a little with this piece

DavidF

New User
David
Thanks for the nice comments, they are very much appreciated at the end of a tough project!

It was an interesting one to build and did involve many hours staring in to space trying to figure the problems. I will try and put together a "how", I didn't take many pictures, but may be able to refer to the CAD drawing to explain some things, especially the leg attachments.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Loving it! Very ZEN like with the glass representing a flowing stream (at least that's my interpret).

Cant wait to see it live!

Matt

Glennbear

Glenn
Most excellent David !!! I recall asking you about progress at the picnic. After having seen the pictures of your bedroom set, I believe your designs are concentrated "outside the box" more often then they are "inside". :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS