Digital height gauge recommendations

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I have a Wixey digital height gauge for the table saw/router table. It worked great but the LCD screen has now lost portions so i cannot read the numbers. The on/off button seems to stick and this may have been the cause?
Are there other brands that are better? Wixey angle gauges finally went to AA batteries and I was hoping to find a similar height gauge. The round flat batteries are much more expensive to replace and typically do not last as long

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
If you got 4 or 5 years out of them, then that is about what to expect. Not sure any brand is better than the others. All pretty much cheap imported junk.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I've gotten great service out of my Wixey angle gauge that's about 10 years old. I remove the battery after each use. Maybe that would help.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I often forget. I assume this is the reason the LED is burning out. The on button tends to stick the angke gauge seems to be much higher quality.
I upgraded my angle gauge to the new version that uses AA batteries this one is much improved over my older one

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS