digital accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
Has anyone tried any of the digital systems made by Accurate Technology? They make instruments for saws and routers with the names digi-router, digi-fence etc. And they are made right here in N.C.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I do not have an AT DigiFence, but I have Wixey gear on my TS, Planer, and Drum Sander. I have seen an AT DigiFence, compared literature, operation, cost, and ease of use, and say the Wixey is a better deal.

Do I use them- planer ALL THE TIME. Tablesaw- depending what I am doing. I use it all the time to verify my set-ons. It has nice big numbers that are easy on my eyes, and helps me verify that I am using the right cursor on my Unifence and cutting 3 1/4 vice 2 3/4 (been there, done that :BangHead::BangHead: dislexia?? )

Comments:

The only way to go with a planer!!!! I trust it now to the point where I don't keep my calipers next to the planer anymore.

Tablesaw- that level of accuracy is not as often needed. You find yourself tap, tap, tapping to get the fence exactly set for an exact cut, when it is not necessary.

The big advantage of Wixey (both planer and TS units) is that they are incredibly simple to calibrate- much more so than the AT DigiFence. Easy and quick to recal when changing blades.

It is much easier to remove the fence with the Wixey, AND the Wixey stays calibrated. The digital measuring/readout unit stays with the saw (it couples to the fence with a rare earth magnet).

Nice feature of the Wixey (both the planer and TS units) is that they have both absolute and incremental modes. Simplifies making repeated cutoffs or removing a predetermined amount.

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
Alan,
Thanks for the great reply! I knew that the Wixey was more popular and now I know why. I have tried neither but I think I will put a Wix on my planer, seem to have a little trouble setting it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS