Diamond plates for Worksharp

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
I recently bought some diamond coated disks for my worksharp. I was really surprised at how well they work. They cut faster and run much cooler that the abrasive disks I have been using. The disks are pretty thin metal, so they need a back-up plate. I used spray glue to stick them to the worksharp glass plates. I using three grits: 400, 1200 and 3000. Considering their reasonable cost , around $15, I'm happy not to have to cut my own sandpaper any more.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 213

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I did the same thing for my Worksharp over 5 years ago -- the disks are available on smile.Amazon.com

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Yep I got them on the A smile. There are several suppliers at different price points. Mine are a brand called Joiner. I'm not convinced they are the best ones. A corner of a chisel caught at the wrong angle and scraped the diamond coating off in a narrow gouge. Is that common?

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Tim,

I never damaged or marred the surface of mine. They still do a great job after several years of use (I do clean them after each use). Mine are made by a company called Kent Blades. I paid $12.40 each back in 2015 but they have gone up about $5.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I recently bought some diamond coated disks for my worksharp. I was really surprised at how well they work. They cut faster and run much cooler that the abrasive disks I have been using. The disks are pretty thin metal, so they need a back-up plate. I used spray glue to stick them to the worksharp glass plates. I using three grits: 400, 1200 and 3000. Considering their reasonable cost , around $15, I'm happy not to have to cut my own sandpaper any more.

Where? I have only seen the expensive ones. ME WANT.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
WS holes are 13/32 but I guess 1/2 inch will do. So trying a 1000 and a 2000 to see how they work. WorkSharp disks aren't even silicon carbide. Went looking for 600, 1200 and 2000 PSA disks, but only found hook and loop. Up to $20 now.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors