Dewalt Tough System Tool storage reviews, or alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Afternoon folks,

As a few of you know, we're in the process of selling our current home, and beginning construction on a new home closer to the Raleigh area to help cut commute times, (currently 110M round-trip - done w/ that). With that said, I've been in the process of selling off most of my large/ stationary equipment vs. putting them in storage for 12-18mo, but am of course hanging onto my handheld construction tools, (drills, saws, routers, etc). In my current shop, (garage), I have several cabinets that I store these things in, that have worked well. W/ that said, as we'll be moving from our current home into a rental house, and from a rental to our finished home once completed, we're in the process of packing, and would like to take the opportunity to organize things w/ a bit more "mobility" for both moves, as well as my upcoming work on the new place, and subsequent projects in the future.

Due to time constraints w/ my career - I'll be hiring a GC to handle the primary construction, but will be self performing a good portion of the general odds-ends myself, as a sub to my GC, (can't let those guys have all of the fun).

The above said, I'm looking hard at the Dewalt Tough System line - a bit spendy when you add in the carrier, (i.e. expensive hand-truck), but the modular design seems very well thought out, and the waterproof/ dust-proof nature of the individual boxes seems solid & made to last. They also carry a "lifetime warranty", though I'm generally relatively skeptical of those kinds of claims - always seems to be a catch.

Ultimately, I'm thinking a "small" box for drill/impact/ chargers, bit box, a "large" for circ/recip saw, and the XL for routers, bits, misc, along w/ the carrier, and possibly the stereo, (Amazon currently has 20% off of these boxes when you buy 3 or more components FYI). Might even add in some inexpensive foam inserts to go "next level". Rooting through toolboxes/ bins/ drawers to find a loose bit, blade, etc is one of my least favorite past-times.

Any reviews/ thoughts/ alternate products anyone can recommend?

Thanks folks!

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
I've been happy with my two TSTAK boxes, not so happy with Home Depot's customer service when I only received two of the three boxes in the combo deal I ordered. The down side of the TSTAKs is that what you want will always be on the bottom if you use them for storage. I think the Tough System cart stores the boxes individually instead of a stack on a hand truck. I use my as travel boxes, I load up what I think I'll need and set them in the truck.

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
I'm intrigued by the Bosch boxes. It appears my Senco PC1010 small quiet compressor may fit perfectly inside the L-Boxx 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS