''Dewalt 735 stopped,

badger fan

Bruce
User
Today I was planning some red oak and I was not working the machine hard. During the planning of some pieces, the motor seemed to stumble, like it was loosing power, and I shut the machine off. I know that there is a restart button, which I waited the required amount of time to push reset and restart, but nothing happened. I tried to see what might be the matter, search youtube for ideas and the best I can determine is that the 18 amp fuse that is part of the reset has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Has anyone had this experience, guidance?

Thanks in advance for the insight, advise.

badger fan

Bruce
User
I have a decision to make and I am not sure how to proceed.
I have checked the planner over with a volt mete and determined that I do have a broken we’re cord wire and that upon fixing that and determining that there was power to the switch and reset switch , I thought plug it in and back in business. Nope! So I checked brushes and they looked good. Checked to see if I was getting any power to the armature and nothing. The cord into the motor is sealed. Having run out of “what could it be” thought and given the minimal usage, I needed help. The authorized repair shop said they thought it was the armature. Dewalt has a guaranteed repair price of $330. Shipping included, which is only $15 of the total. Amazon has a new one for $592 plus tax, I hate to think like this but seems like a new one with a warranty is a better choice. If it is the motor I see the parts alone for armature and windings is about$250.
Does anyone have a suggestion or experience that you could share?
Thanks in advance.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
There's a new one on CL down in Wilmington for $475. Maybe he's got some room on price.

1596562308350.png

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
I sent my planer to the repair facility for for a new motor and it came back with a broken base. I would go for the new machine.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS