Dewalt 735 Planer Chip Collection

ssmith

New User
Scott
For those who don't have a good dust or chip collection system and are looking for a simple solution, a bag made from silk screen material works pretty well. Common window screen didn't work - the mesh is too open to be effective.

I made this one out of silk screen material. It was pretty easy to make - I cut a piece about twice the size of the bag, folded it, then stitched two of the open edges together with good two sided tape. A zip tie holds the open end around the hose during use.

This works well - the bag can handle the airflow until it gets maybe 80% full and it stops 100% of the chips. It does pass some really fine dust though, so it either goes outside during use or a mask is necessary.

IMG_1113.JPG

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
So good to see the difference between "chip" and "dust" enumerated. :)
Now if the "bag" dust collector suppliers would just be honest about it!

ssmith

New User
Scott
I may have a roll of 180 mesh stuck in a corner from when I printed.
Excellent - the material I posted is 110 mesh. Wonder which would give the best balance between airflow and dust retention?

Amazon has up to 180 mesh too and I didn't realize that existed till you posted - since I'll probably never install a DC system (my "shop" is really my garage) I'll likely give the 180 a try. Thanks!

Unknownroad

New User
Sarah
Thanks for the tip. I've been pondering what to do with mine since I don't currently have enough circuits to run my 2hp collector at the same time as the planer. This looks like a practical solution until I can get a sparky in here.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS