Demonstrators Needed - PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
We need folks to do demo's at the Raleigh Klingspor Show Case on Saturday September 11th. Here are some examples:
Pen turning
Bowl, hollow form or whatever turning
Worksharp/Tormek sharpening
Scroll saw
Band saw
Hand cut dovetails
Hand plane tuning

OTHER

Please reply to this thread or send me a PM if you can help. There are not time requirements so the the first ones to sign up get to pick what and when.

Last edited by a moderator:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Scott pencil me in for the Scroll saw demo on Saturday = pending my health issues I will let you know closer it gets to the date

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott, I will try to do something in the afternoon. I have several big construction jobs getting ready to start and they may consume me on that Saturday, but I should be able to break free in the afternoon. I did a strip canoe demo a few years back - that would take to much setup. Just thinking here, how about a steam/heat bending demo.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Please we need a few more folks to assist. If you can even for just an hour or two please PM Froglips and myself.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Sorry I can't do anything this weekend. We are hosting a 90th birthday celebration for my wife's dad. If I'm not here, then I will be selling all my tools to pay for a good lawyer.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
I can give an hour or two in the AM. Plane tuning or bandsawing might be a good fit ...

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
I'll see you early at 9 for demoing with the Work Sharp.
Is someone bringing chisels to be sharpened ?
Mine are all tuned - but will bring a few of my own.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
9 in the morning? Wow, gonna have to get up extra early :)

I'll be in touch with all the Demo volunteers shortly (as in tomorrow!)

Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks to all that have stepped up to help. This is the true spirit of NCWW. :notworthy:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just an update I am available for all day. I am planing on a interactive demo of how to steam bend chair backs and how to form guitar sides with a hot pipe. I was also going to have some folks bend some walking sticks but I tested my old memory on how to do it and failed - I will try to find some more sticks and try again on Sat. If you are coming, bring some and we can try those

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
Scott: I am signed up to do hand cut molding with molding planes the whole day. I will be needing a Klingspor bench with dogs. If you would prefer, I can split this up into two or three sessions: hand cut molding, cutting dovetails, and handplane usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors