DeltaCad

Happy Holidays,

I’m still looking for a drafting program. I used Sketchup free trial which is the Pro subscription. I liked it but the subscribed to the 120.00 per year program, had terrible time trying to login, then other issues as well so I wanted to cancel it. You’re allowed 14 days to unsubscribe. I looked at how to unsubscribe and saw dozens of users that had a difficult time trying to unsubscribe. I ended up jumping through hoops to get it done. I’m like a lot of us a hobbies and won’t pay 299.00 a year for the program. I’d use the free but on a Mac it has issue that can’t be fixed. I also can’t try the Demo for DeltaCad because I’m using a Mac. Looking at DeltaCad seems similar but in simplicity like SketchUp. Do you have to pay for upgrades yearly and if so how much? If I can’t find a reasonable program I’ll using a drafting board and tools. Fortunately I have an associates degree in Mechanical Drafting using the old tried and true methods. It’s just more convenient and far easier to make changes using a cad program. My last question, is is anyone using a Chromebook with Sketchup free without glitches in dimensioning or any other issue.

I appreciate all the help from everyone,

Thanks,
John P. Ferry

ssmith

New User
Scott
After doing the same trial I'm using SketchUp free on a PC and and it works fine but does have limitations and quirks.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help your Mac issue. Have you tried Fusion 360? Functionally it's a lot like Sketchup, does run on Macs, and is free for personal use. There are certain limitations in support for MacOS - you may want to carefully review their System Requirements here.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I have used DeltaCad for well over a decade. Upgrades are infrequent and cost about $30. Their email help is prompt and useful.

Learning Delta-Cad is fairly easy and the built-in tutorial is helpful. The tutorial guides you through drawing the face of a four-function calculator. I periodically redo the tutorial since there is too much to absorb everything in one pass.

I’d advise you to pick carefully and only learn one CAD program since the learning curve is so steep. Drafting board experience may be a hindrance rather than a help. Concentrate first on the “point” concepts since a point is the basis for so many other functions.

Holler if you have other questions about DeltaCad.

kevin waldron

New User
Kevin
MOI is a program that I'd highly recommend if your trying to do 3D modeling or even just 2D. This is off of the web-site: you will receive both the Windows and the Mac version installers. Price is $295 this is not a subscription and they do have a ninety day trial.

kg5000

Kenny
User
If you are looking for a CNC mill CAD application oriented towards woodworking, signmaking, etc. it's hard to beat Vectric VCarve. It's not a full 3D modeller but does have some basic 3D features. VCarve's real strength comes in the milling toolpaths. The app is super intuitive for setting up machining toolpaths, simulating CNC milling and outputing GCode files for your CNC machine. Vectric also has a ton (70+) of training videos and sample projects all included in the price of the app.

The VCarve Desktop application sells for a one-time cost of $350 (no subscription). Every 2 years you can purchase a $100 upgrade to the next major version. Vectric also updates the app in between the major updates for free. The update adds new smaller features. The desktop version allows you to draw unlimited sized projects but limits you to 24 inch by 24 inch CNC output. There is a VCarve Pro version for $700 that has unlimited CNC output and many other production-level features to help in larger, more detailed projects. One other nice thing is Vectric will give you 100% credit to upgrade from one product to the next. If you buy Desktop for $350 then you pay only the difference to upgrade to Pro ($700 - $350 = $350 upgrade price). You can download a fully functional version of any of their apps except you can only output CNC GCode files for a few included projects. You can create your own files in the app, set up CNC toolpaths, etc. but you can't save your custom files or generate GCode for custom files.

While VCarve Desktop is a Windows application many users have Mac systems and run successfully in Parallels, Boot Camp, etc.

I have used DeltaCad for well over a decade. Upgrades are infrequent and cost about $30. Their email help is prompt and useful.

Learning Delta-Cad is fairly easy and the built-in tutorial is helpful. The tutorial guides you through drawing the face of a four-function calculator. I periodically redo the tutorial since there is too much to absorb everything in one pass.

I’d advise you to pick carefully and only learn one CAD program since the learning curve is so steep. Drafting board experience may be a hindrance rather than a help. Concentrate first on the “point” concepts since a point is the basis for so many other functions.

Holler if you have other questions about DeltaCad.
Hello,

I‘m interested in Delta CAD but it says its no longer available. I tried emailing them but it says I need to put what version I have so I can’t send an email. I was wondering I’d you had a number to call or if you might be able to send them an email asking them to contact me about it. If you would be able to help me I’d really appreciate it. If not I understand my email is firstclassangling@gmail.com

Thanks for any help,
Maine Guide

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Hello,

I‘m interested in Delta CAD but it says its no longer available. I tried emailing them but it says I need to put what version I have so I can’t send an email. I was wondering I’d you had a number to call or if you might be able to send them an email asking them to contact me about it. If you would be able to help me I’d really appreciate it. If not I understand my email is firstclassangling@gmail.com

Thanks for any help,
Maine Guide

The latest version is 10. Try going to DeltaCad.com, click on Contact, and use 10 for the version. I always found them to very responsive.

The latest version is 10. Try going to DeltaCad.com, click on Contact, and use 10 for the version. I always found them to very responsive.
Thanks for your help. I sent them a message hopefully they can help me. I have a drafting degree I got in 1970 and could draw by hand but it’s so much easier to make changes etc. Thanks again I’ll let know how this goes. If you’re ever in Maine and want to fly fish let me know I’ll give you a days guiding on the house.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I've been using DeltaCad for 12 years and love it. It has, however, been discontinued. I've written to the company but have not heard back from them. I've been trying some alternative programs, but none have come close to the simplicity of DeltaCad. Fortunately DeltaCad never went to the subscription only route so I will continue to use version 10. So far, LibraCad, which is free, is the easiest to learn 2D cad that I've found, but the learning curve is much less intuitive than DeltaCad.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'm using Fusion 360 on a MacBook without any issues. You can register as a hobby user for free. I use it for all my woodworking drawings as well as 3D printing designs.

I've been using DeltaCad for 12 years and love it. It has, however, been discontinued. I've written to the company but have not heard back from them. I've been trying some alternative programs, but none have come close to the simplicity of DeltaCad. Fortunately DeltaCad never went to the subscription only route so I will continue to use version 10. So far, LibraCad, which is free, is the easiest to learn 2D cad that I've found, but the learning curve is much less intuitive than DeltaCad.
Hello,
I agree I’ve emailed Delta Cad and no response at all. I’ll take a look at the Libra Cad, that is if you can use a Mac. Worst case scenario I’ll go back to drafting the old fashion way. I like cad because you can make changes easily, like a book cast taller, wider or deeper with a few minor adjustment. Thank for the messages. I appreciate any and all help.
Maine Guide

Dozerman

New User
Dozerman
I purchased Delta Cad at the end of December 2022. It's a great program and easy to learn. I'm using it on a Mac.

Yes, I hear it’s a great program but it’s no longer availiable. If you got off the web you were lucky because it’s not available now. The site says no longer available! If you got it somewhere else please let me know.

Thanks
Maine Guide

Dozerman

New User
Dozerman
I just looked at there website and you are correct I may have been one of there last customers.
Have a friend who uses Carbide Create it's a cnc design software that's free and, also easy to use and learn.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I was going to suggest possibly purchasing from someone who did not use their copy but the license agreement prohibits that:
ACF9BA1A-CB7C-4961-8238-96596F57A02F.jpeg

Looks like the plug has been pulled!

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
I have a Solidworks subscription that costs $100/year. Since I've used it for 15 years, I didn't have to deal with a painful learning curve. This is an online only subscription. I heard it can be used " offline" but I haven't tried that feature.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS