Delta Unifence 30"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Too hot to woodwork… :cry:
Thought I’d do a review of my Delta 30” Uni Fence ($215 delivered from Amazon in March 06) instead. :)
Aluminum construction, solid, nicely machined. The install was straight forward for me (25 years as an AF mechanic)
First off, I like the idea of sliding the fence forward and back to allow it to be used as a crosscut/tenon stop, ect...

I love how easy it is to take apart and remove from the TS, gives me a very large uncluttered work space

Cursor is bang on all the way out to the 31” mark, easy to loosen and adjust for different kerf blades as well

By sliding the fence toward me slightly, I feel I have more control of longer boards prior to them entering the blade

I also like being able to lay the fence down very low (use this 90% of the time)

Drawbacks: when you pull the fence back to crosscut/tenon, take care not to walk/crash into the extended part of the fence (there is a short fence available - $35.00).

Also I found that full sheets of plywood wielded by one person will cause deflection (didn’t clamp the far end of the fence during this op.)
Overall, this is a major step up from my Griz 1022 fence, well worth the price
Many more pics in my "tools" album
Gary

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Thanks Gary! Good summary!
After looking at your pictures, there are some things that I like better about that fence vs. my Beisemeyer.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks Gary for taking the time to give such a thorough review. :icon_thum I'm seriously considering replacing current TS fence and there's a lot to like about Unifence. And I would jump on that $215 price were it available. :-D

Curiously, I talked to WWS this morning and they said the Unifence was being discontinued and they didn't have info on replacement model????

Roger

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Good review Gary. I have the Beisemyer on my Unisaw and sometimes wish I had some of the flexibility that the Unifence offers.

D L

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I have to agree with Gary the UniFence is very versatile. I have owned one for about 2 years now. The other feature that I like is that you can lay the fence tight to the table for cutting lament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS