Delta Saw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickster

New User
Nick
Hey guys... in my quest to find a new table saw I ran across this...

10" unisaw.
mobile base.
feather board.
height gauge
dado set
excaliber miter gauge, this is a very accurate miter gauge, original cost of $200
standard miter gauge, came with the saw!
Some extra blades..all could use a good sharpening.
Blade carrier
segmented drive belt to replace the original belt. (smoother operation)
extra insert
table extension with shelf underneath. (I planned to put a router in it, but never did that)
There might be some other stuff but I can't remember right now.

What do think that saw is worth ??? I know it's 10 years old...

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nick, you got a good plan. Be patient and keep checking craigslist, NCWWer classifieds, and whatever. A good deal will come along :icon_thum

Roger

nickster

New User
Nick
He said it's a Tilting Arbor Saw that is about 8 years old... Not really sure about buying something like that... when I can get that Hitachi and I know where it's been...

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My Delta is 14 years old and still runs great. Not much to go wrong with a good top tier saw like the Unisaw. If I had room I would upgrade to that.

I didn't see the price on this one.

I would take the delta before three Hitachis.

Nothing wrong with two HP, I have 1.5 and cut 3 inch maple. Yeah, I have to go slower but it gets done and that is maybe 5% of my cutting.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I can't speak from experience but I have heard that 'link belts' (segmented belts) don't work real well on high power cabinet saws. I have been told that they cannot take the torque like an original install like three matched V-Belts can. Not a deal breaker (belts can be changed), just something to think about.

George

algustaf

New User
Al
Check this one out. Not mine.
This has been posted several times and it seems that everything the guy owns is for sell. I translate that into a deal waiting to happen.
I would go with a good solid saw that there are parts galore, over a Hitachi. Don't get me wrong they (Hitachi) make great tools, but I think of their tools as great portable tools.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1308106146.html

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Nick,

I am not sure what you are looking for, but I was in Lowes in Roxboro yesterday and they had a new Delta Contractors saw marked down to $319.00 and the T-2 Fence marked at $103.00. At $425.00 that is not a bad deal for a new saw and fence.

Just a thought.
James

nickster

New User
Nick
Nick,

I am not sure what you are looking for, but I was in Lowes in Roxboro yesterday and they had a new Delta Contractors saw marked down to $319.00 and the T-2 Fence marked at $103.00. At $425.00 that is not a bad deal for a new saw and fence.

Just a thought.
James

That's a good deal... and in my price range... the Wake Forest and Raleigh Lowes do not sale Delta saw's anymore. I'm going to stop by the Henderson one tomorrow and see what they have.

algustaf

New User
Al
For What Its Worth.....
The item # at Lowes for the Delta T2 fence is 237669. It is not on their website any longer. I saw one yesterday at the N.Durham Lowes for 103.20. I informed someone else that was looking for one so it may not be there through the weekend. I don't have an item # for the saw, since they did not have one any longer. Perhaps if you could get someone to help you with the item # then you could go to your local Lowes and get them to look up the item #'s and you will know which store has them and you don't spend $50 in gas driving around trying to save $50.

I only mention this because I am the 'King' of spending $100 trying to save $75. Whether its driving around all day trying to find something rather than just ordering it, or trying to build it myself and it ending up costing just as much as the manufactured product that I am trying to copy.

My $.02 Your milage may vary!

nickster

New User
Nick
For What Its Worth.....
The item # at Lowes for the Delta T2 fence is 237669. It is not on their website any longer. I saw one yesterday at the N.Durham Lowes for 103.20. I informed someone else that was looking for one so it may not be there through the weekend. I don't have an item # for the saw, since they did not have one any longer. Perhaps if you could get someone to help you with the item # then you could go to your local Lowes and get them to look up the item #'s and you will know which store has them and you don't spend $50 in gas driving around trying to save $50.

I only mention this because I am the 'King' of spending $100 trying to save $75. Whether its driving around all day trying to find something rather than just ordering it, or trying to build it myself and it ending up costing just as much as the manufactured product that I am trying to copy.

My $.02 Your milage may vary!

Good Advice... I'm headed to the Lake this weekend so I'll be going though Henderson so I won't be burning but so much Gas....

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Without trying to sound dumb..............How about the one in Roxboro? :dontknow:

I know they had one about an hour and a half ago.

James

nickster

New User
Nick
The Lowes in Henderson didn't have one... :(

I'm going to have to wait till Friday / Saturday to make a trip to the lowes in Roxboro... After looking at that saw I really want that one... That was the exact saw I use to have but I had the 50" fence on it...

Hey James.... I might get you to check the Lowes maybe Thursday or Friday to see if they still have it.... cool ?

jhreed

New User
james
You are not that far from roxboro. If it is a discontinued item, you can get it very cheap. Remember the delta dust collectors that listed for $322.00 and lowes closing them out at $49.99.
If you want a cabinet saw, follow advise submitted previously, wait and watch. I was in the death throws of driving 400 miles to buy a 23 year old unisaw when one of our brothers "yellowfin" offered his nearly new jet for a good price. I took it. It was like a gift from god.
James

nickster

New User
Nick
You are not that far from roxboro. If it is a discontinued item, you can get it very cheap. Remember the delta dust collectors that listed for $322.00 and lowes closing them out at $49.99.
If you want a cabinet saw, follow advise submitted previously, wait and watch. I was in the death throws of driving 400 miles to buy a 23 year old unisaw when one of our brothers "yellowfin" offered his nearly new jet for a good price. I took it. It was like a gift from god.
James

Yeah you have a good point... I'm going to get something that is fairly new... I know Roxboro isn't that far I just have to line up a truck and that can't be done till this weekend... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS