New User
Ken
Is this a good Delta RAS?
Thanks

http://greenville.craigslist.org/tls/2408283505.html

RADIAL ARM SAW - $250 (Easley, S.C.)

Date: 2011-05-28, 5:27PM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a Delta Model 10 Deluxe radial arm saw with auto brake. It has a 1 1/2 hp. motor and rotates at 3450 rpm. This saw is a few years old but is like new and has only been used a few times. Great buy for someone looking for one. If you have questions or have an interest please contact at 864-430-8601. Thanks

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n33ma3pe5W55U15R4b5sf9542676fb1c1f58.jpg
3n83k83l65Y15W05R1b5sc58f457de4f810f7.jpg
3p43o23l95O35Z25T5b5s16c3827417cb1e32.jpg

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Although I have never owned a Delta RAS, I can say their quality in other power tools is on a par with any competitively priced match. Keep your eyes open, though. I have picked up RASs on CL for free & currently have 4 with 2 in storage & 1 in my shop. The other is at my dad's shop. As a power tool, they rate above a TS for hazards, and many people have found their moneys better spend on other items. I guess that's why they have fallen from favor so to speak with many WWers. That, and the lack of portability for most operations, but I like to keep one or two around anyway.
The principal thing you will need to look for in any used RAS is can they be trued up? Any operation that requires swinging the arm away from a 90 degree cut may not allow an accurate return to that position. Also, is the table itself adjustable? If the arm has been bent downward, you may not get a true depth of cut on crosscut dadoes. Pull on the saw handle and see if the bearing surface of the arm is smooth. This is where most saws show wear with rust and pitting on the bearing guide surfaces. It can be corrected with a little sandpaper & some elbow grease.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
For rough cross-cuts, it should be fine. The saw is at the low end of Delta's line of RAS, but is not 'cheap'.

The important thing is to check that the motor runs well (extremely expensive to replace) and the arm is in good condition (also very expensive to fix if damaged/excessively worm).

Also check all of the adjustments (up/down, bevel, miter) to make sure nothing has been abused.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS