Delta Midi-Lathe Start Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
My 20+ year old Delta Midi-lathe is having starting issues. I turn it on and all I get is a low hum but, if I spin the handwheel it will start up and keep spinning as long as the power is left on. I think the start capacitor is shot and I am electrically challenged.

Can any of you give me advice on where I might get this fixed? I already searched ereplacementparts.com and the capacitor (part number 900286) is no longer available.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
If you can see the capacitor, get the rating and see if you can match it that way. For example - 50 Microfarad Rating,370-440VAC Voltage would give you this one from Grainger...

https://www.grainger.com/product/30D624?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!50916701757!!!g!82128730437!&ef_id=WzWRfgAAAIMBpwu9:20180705130448:s

gmakra

New User
George
Ray yupe your capacitor is now a crapacitor you can easily replace it.
Make sure power is of then just take the cover off and short the two terminals together to bleed off any residual voltage.
Go to any HVAC supply house, electric motor Grainger of or Flea bay and get a cap remember you can go higher in micro farad and it will look like uf50 but do not go with less farad less than you present cap.
There is no polarity issues or anything and its so easy even a pencil pusher can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors