Delta Jointer?

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Looking at the infeed table lifting lever socket for a model 37-190C Delta 6" jointer,
or needing thread type and size.

The infeed table adjustment handle is missing,( no wonder it was so cheap). There is no notation in instruction manual on size and type of threads.
Hate to use a screwdriver and bung up the threads.

Any one have one and be willing to determine what the pattern is?

Thanks, Ed

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
The 37-190 is a Taiwanese/Chinese 6" jointer so the fasteners will be metric.
The specs show a lock nut that's an M12 thread so the stud will be that same thread. Maybe a piece of M12 all threaded rod will do the job.

1 37-190 nut.jpg

tijmt

Jared
User
@Dreuxgrad I have a 37-190 in my shop. It has been a great little jointer for me. Do you need me to check anything for you before you take a die to it?

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
@Dreuxgrad I have a 37-190 in my shop. It has been a great little jointer for me. Do you need me to check anything for you before you take a die to it?
Thanks for the offer, but I don't know when we'll be back in the triangle. Could you confirm Bob's info that the lift handle has 12mm threads? If it does, I can probably get what I need here in the Dallas area, or something to make do.
Thanks, Ed

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Be sure to check for the correct thread pitch. Example of tap can be 12mm x 1.25mm or 12mm x 1.00. The numbers after "x" is the thread pitch. A pitch gauge can help if the hole is not too small.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
McMaster Carr will have the piece you need, along with a knob to fit it. I would tell the name of pieces, but right now have a bad case of CRS. Probably during the middle of the night, it will come to me.

tijmt

Jared
User
@Dreuxgrad My version of the 37-190 attaches a bit different than the picture above. I tried to get the rod out yesterday and again today, but I think I need to take the jointer off the stand to get the bracket out that lets me remove the rod. I will likely be able to get to that tomorrow or over the weekend. Sorry it is giving me trouble. Once I get it out I can confirm the size, pitch etc.

IMG_2061.JPG

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
@Dreuxgrad My version of the 37-190 attaches a bit different than the picture above. I tried to get the rod out yesterday and again today, but I think I need to take the jointer off the stand to get the bracket out that lets me remove the rod. I will likely be able to get to that tomorrow or over the weekend. Sorry it is giving me trouble. Once I get it out I can confirm the size, pitch etc.

View attachment 189563
Hold off on your research please. I have picked up a 12mm bolt and will test fit it on Tuesday when we return to
the shop. Owner is on vacation and is still willing to let use his tools, even after firing of his Saw stop last week!
Thanks, Ed

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Shop/tool owner still out, but we had a work morning and 7/16-14 bolt worked fine.
Now to get it to do what it is supposed to, IE cut a straight edge-lol
Producing a convex on the middle of a four foot board, where a foot one looks good.
Any advice?

Thanks, Ed

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 144

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS