Delta BS leveling

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Placed my 14" Delta BS in a mobile base in the mid 90's. Today I decided to remove it from the mobile base and see if I had less vibration. Should have continued with making a better dust collector. For some reason I thought the BS had adjustable levering mounts. I now know it does not. I like buying from Louis Iturra but $22 per mount is to high for me. I have looked on the web but have not been able to find anything.

I need to order something or I will just have to put it back on the mobile base. I am under house arrest because of this dang virus.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jim Roche

New User
jim
Hey There,
I've heard of people actually attaching hockey pucks under the legs and it dampens the vibration. Just run a screw right thru the hole in the foot of the saw into the hockey puck.

Also you could try truck (18 wheeler) tires. Those recaps that trucks use that blow a lot in the summertime could be used too. The recap strips (gators is what I believe they're called) could be used as well, just cut to size. I bet you could go to any truck tire shop and get a free portion of one to try or pick one up off the road, I see them all the time.

Good Luck,
Jim

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
Appliance (washing machine) anti-vibration pads should work...about 2 1/2" square and 1" thick.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
I just bought a set of these leveling casters for my 600 lb. jointer, $40 for a set of 4, and I can say that I've been very pleasantly surprised with them. They are very beefy, roll smoothly, the leveling feet set down easily enough, and the rubber pads do a good job dampening vibration. They're a knockoff of casters that cost $280 for a set of 4 (the brand is FootNastor haha, with the actual brand being Footmaster). Time will tell if they hold up well, but for $40 I feel it's worth the gamble.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
On the cheap side, Harbor freight has 2 types of anti-fatigue mats for $9.00. Cut them to fit your saw base and set it on the
mat.

htmlhttps://www.harborfreight.com/anti-fatigue-roll-mat-61241.html

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Thanks for the replies. I just need to decide which way to go.

I am curious about one thing. I looked at the exploded parts drawing and pars list and see nothing about leveling mounts. It is hard for me to believe it did not come with mounts.

Anyone have or know if mounts would have been on this BS. Mine was made in the USA.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have a Delta 28-275 14" bandsaw and don't see any levelling blocks. I just have 3" locking casters bolted to the legs of the OEM stand.

Wayne

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS