Delta Bandsaw Help Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Kimbrell

New User
Ken
Over this past weekend one of the items on my shop to-do list was making a mobile base for my bandsaw and everything went haywire when I was mounting the saw onto the base. Being in the shop by myself was not the best idea for lifting the saw into place because in the process both trunnions were broken... the trunnions are really flimsy on this saw.

The saw is a Delta 28-276 and is about 7 years old.
While trying to track down a supplier for the parts I keep seeing everyone listing the parts as on back order with no ETA from the factory.

So... anyone know where the stock parts can be found, or maybe some other workable part or solution's?

Thanks... Ken.

Ps: The parts numbers:

T

toolferone

ken, sorry about the crash! I have heard the Stanley really let the parts inventory fall way behind for the short time they owned Delta. The new owners are working hard, but will take some time to get caught up.

Anyway, I would take one of the broken trunnions and compare it with a Jet or Powermatic of the same size. I bet they are closer then you think.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
ken, sorry about the crash! I have heard the Stanley really let the parts inventory fall way behind for the short time they owned Delta. The new owners are working hard, but will take some time to get caught up.

Anyway, I would take one of the broken trunnions and compare it with a Jet or Powermatic of the same size. I bet they are closer then you think.
Actually new owners are consolidating parts to their new upstate SC warehouse. Best I can remember, Delta's are different from all the others. Check a couple of web sites, including EBay for someone parting out a machine. Ittura Design may also have them. Louis doesn't have a web site, and seems to me that his phone # changed recently

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Just a crazy thought, but maybe also check Harbor Freight machines. With all their copying, maybe you will get lucky.

Ken Kimbrell

New User
Ken
Found them. :cool:

The Saw Center has them in stock, the versions that they have are for the 14inch Jet but they look the same as the Delta versions and the sales rep assured me that the parts do fit both the Jet and Delta 14inch saws. The only difference is that the Delta versions have a degree scale attached to one of the trunnions and the Jet versions has no scale.

Should have them by the weekend... could have had them in a couple of days, but I'm to cheap to pay the extra freight. :wink_smil

Tom, turns out you were right about doing a cross-reference to the Jet 14incher. :icon_thum

Ken Kimbrell

New User
Ken
Update:
Just wanted to post an update in case someone else had a trunnion issue and happened upon this topic.

As mentioned in my post above, the Saw Center has sent out two Jet trunnions and they do indeed fit my Delta band saw and as also mentioned the only difference is that the Jet versions don't come with scale installed. The sales rep said that the scale is available, but at an additional cost so I'm going to try and use my old one.

One note on these trunnions, extra care should be taken with them because they appear to be made of cast aluminum... this is true with both the originals that were on the saw and the new ones that were just received. You can see two smaller pieces in the picture below that I broke in half with my fingers using a very small amount of pressure.

m7xuuu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS