Delta 12.5" TP305 feed rollers not feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
So I've finally gotten around to working on a project where I need to joint and plane some wood after 2.5 years of doing simple projects using pine and oak from Lowes. I ran the boards through the jointer after cleaning the light surface rust off of it and then moved to the planer. Other than some dust buildup on the height screws, the planer seemed to be in good condition. I adjusted the height until it just lightly touched the top of the board, turned on the planer and then ran the board thorugh. The hieght was high enough that the planer blades didn't touch the wood, so I lowered the height. This time, I could hear the blades doing their job, but the board wasn't being fed through automatically. So I pushed it through until there was enough board on the outfeed side to safely pull it the rest of the way through. This has never happened in the past and the planner is not making any weird noises.

So I need to know what I can do to try to fix the issue? The user's manual for the planer doesn't have any hints other than to make sure the chain is lubricated which I will be doing this weekend.

Thanks.

-NCGrimbo

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Make sure that the bed is clean and slick. Are the feed rollers turning? Drop the bed and check with a mirror.

bobby g

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
If the rollers are rolling under power, then check the condition of the feed rollers, especially for hardened rubber and/or dust. Power off, clean the rollers.

mark

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Application of some 'ol Johnsons Paste Wax to the planer bed and cleaning the feed rollers with a little nenatured alchol can do wonders if all of feed roller mechanism is sound.

Wayne

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
Feed rollers can get hard with age and need to be at room temperature to work best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS