Deer Grunt tube turned for friend - - the buck that followed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
I turned a couple of deer grunts for a very special friend of mine which I spent time in the Army with. He had asked me if I could make his brother one also while I was at it, so that he could give it to him as a Christmas gift. My reply was, "Absolutely, I have no issue with that." You see, he is the caliber of friend which saved my posterior on many occasions, the very least I could do was craft him a game call.

After completion I managed to mail the deer grunts prior to the northern season expiring. Not even a couple of weeks had passed before I noticed the special picture below, posted on my facebook page. LOL!

The story = It was a cold, crisp morning up north and my friend was deer hunting along with the new grunt tube in tow. Very first morning he had ever used the call he grunted the nice bruiser in. - called the grunt tube a divine call. lol!

I was just as amazed at the story as he had been, in experiencing it. I told him, "Heck, maybe I should have just kept the call for myself." :rotflm: There is a unique story attached to the call he gifted his brother with as well but I'll spare you fellow woodworkers, 'the hunting stories'. lol.

P1100072.JPG
grunts without utbes.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Nice looking calls Chris!
As for the rest of the story, friends like that make life what it is supposed to be. Good stuff!

Truefire

New User
Chris
Yes they are- how dry would this life be without a few of those special ones in it? My how dry it would be. Thanks Andy.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry I digress but can't help it. I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos last night and a small girl was holding a deer call and her parents (off camera) told her to 'call a deer'. Well she held if up to her ear like a cell-phone and said 'Hello Deer'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors