Deck Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Wow! That really is a major project. Smart decision to let someone else do it. Looks GREAT!!!!!
:banana:

Bill

jhreed

New User
james
Nice deck, but I am more intrigued by the house. I would have loved to have heard the roofer's first comment when he saw the roof line. Would like more pictures of the house.
James

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful deck! Looks like it goes all the way around the house? I've built a few decks in my time, but I would never had attempted one like that.

Nice deck, but I am more intrigued by the house. I would have loved to have heard the roofer's first comment when he saw the roof line. Would like more pictures of the house.
James

Everyone loves a geodesic dome, except the roofers. :gar-La;

Rob

New User
Rob
Thanks all, the deck goes 3/4's around the house. It's a big project, one reason I didn't tackle it myself. I've built decks before and had no desire to do this one.

When we bought the house it was just re-roofed, the previous owner said it was cheaper to bring roofers from the Oregan dome company to do it then hire it out locally.

We'll have to have another shop crawl so people can see it, last year we did lunch at the dome. It's a 25 year old house and we're still working on some stuff. Next project is to repair some tape joints, redo the cieling and paint. After that hardwood floors.

richlife

New User
Rich
That's going to be fabulous, Rob! But did you really need a girder that big just to block the driveway? :gar-La;

Personally, I think you needed a crew just to remove the old deck!

Rich

Rob

New User
Rob
The girder was holding the deck up above the garage, it's all clean and painted now. Picture to come.

Rob

New User
Rob
Got the steel girder primed and painted, ready for the contractors to put back up. Wife picked out a brown paint to match the garage doors.
deck_24_.JPG

deck_23_.JPG

richlife

New User
Rich
After all that work, I think you should keep it in your driveway -- whatta keepsake! That way you won't need to drive cars in and can use posts to hold up the deck. Just trying to help... :eusa_thin Rich

Edit: I'm just jealous! I should have used a girder in my den instead of the post. Then I should have gone ahead and put one in before I finished that den. Now I have to try another approach. But it's doable. You, on the other hand, have that whomping big girder, Rob. :icon_thum

Rob

New User
Rob
It came with the house Rich, was there when we bought it. On the other hand, if I keep it where it is now, I can't get my bike or jeep out of the garage, think I'll put it back up, comes in handy for lifting heavy objects.

richlife

New User
Rich
Now THAT's a good point. Didn't I see a hoist on in when we had the shop crawl last year?

Another thing to be jealous about... :tongue2:

(Always wanted a use for that icon.)

Rich

Rob

New User
Rob
More pictures of the progress added, they finished the decking above the garage.

deck_31_.JPG

Two more sections to do then they'll do the railing, stops, benches, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS