Decent belt sander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachEakes

New User
Zach
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a decent belt sander after trying one out at the sharpening demo.

My shop is mostly mobile and job site oriented, so I am looking at the 4x36 and 6x48 models with an emphasis on mobility and compact packaging.

I bought a Skill from Lowes the other day, and it really was a piece of garbage... Returned it and pondering other options.

Thanks much,

Zach

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Unless you need one immediately, I'd start by checking Craig's List for awhile and see if I could find a used one.

The one you used at my shop last week came from Grizzly about 15 years ago, and it has done okay. If you don't find one on Craig's List soon, I'd start w/ the retailers that have their own product line, such as Grizzly, Woodworker's Supply (Woodtek), and several others I can't think of right now. All the machines are probably made in the far east, and are pretty much the same. So I'd look for a brand that's been around awhile, but also the best price.

HTH

Bill

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Definitely search Cl. I use SEARCHTEMPEST to check active ads. There is a Craftsman 6x48 for sale down in Fayettenam right now. If you can get an older Delta unit with the disc you would be in good shape. Easy to rebuild and replace bearings for a good as new machine.

Check under sanders and grinders.

good Hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors