December IRS Auction Newnan GA Bidder list

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Shoot, I bid on about 10 items already. I don't even remember what ... but I'm not too serious, I suppose. Just hoping to get lucky.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I plan to bid on lots 301 - 302 - 303. JET 16/32 drum sander, stand and infeed/ outfeed tables.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I was planning on doing this on PM, but if people want to list wa
hat they want here, then OK.

So far I have me, Woodwrangler, Woodman2K, Scott Smith, Travis Porter, and G ville Worker.

Doug

Last edited:

sediener

New User
Steve
I will probably bid on one of the 14" powermatic Bandsaws. Not sure yet because it looks like the base and motor might run another 400$ from PM. I need to call them up and see...

I'm also looking at an air cleaner and the excalibur overhead guard.

I'll get permission from the CFO today and post lot numbers.

- Steve

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
All - in order to keep this string manageable, let's each be brief, and only post what we intend to bid on, or have bid on.

Lot 65 Original Saw Company 16" RAS
Lot 346 Wilton Metal Lathe.
Lot 175 Jet 20" bandsaw (1 phase)
Lot 94 Powermatic 14" 3-phase tablesaw
Lot 105 JET oscilating edge sander
Lot 114 Square D fused disconnect (100 hp)
Lot 337 Powermatic 3-phase 1hp power feeder
Lot 28 SCMI 12" jointer 3-phase
Lot 23 Delta 20" 3-phase planer
Lot 251 Powermatic 5 ph shaper (single phase)
Lot 495 Wilton machinist vise
Lot 518 Wilton precision tilting vise
Lot 474 Wilton HD machinist vise
Lot 230 Shop Fox 8" jointer (single phase)
Lot 287 (or similar) Jet air filtration system (may buy 2 or 3)
Lot 386 Jet metal cutting band saw
Lot 383 Ellis Drill press (3 -phase)
Lot 400, Tensmith sheet metal brake

I have not yet bid on all of these items, but am considering it.

Just an FYI I may bid on additional items, most likely 3 phase equipment.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bas, (or should I say "Oh great technical guru")... I have a question - in order to make this easy, would it be possible for everybody to post to a common list, numerical listed from the top, so that we can easily see if anybody else is interested in the same item?

What I'm thinking is something like this: (Note to all - I only used info in the example below from the NCWoodworker member posts in this string that included a lot number)

Lot Description Bidder
23 Delta 20" 3-phase planer Scott
28 SCMI 12" jointer 3-phase Scott
65 Original Saw Company 16" RAS Scott
94 Powermatic 14" 3-phase tablesaw Scott
105 JET oscilating edge sander Scott
114 Square D fused disconnect (100 hp) Scott
174 Doug Robinson
175 Jet 20" bandsaw (1 phase) Scott
230Shop Fox 8" jointer (single phase) Scott
247 jet spindle sander Tooleferone
251 Powermatic 5 ph shaper Scott
263 Doug Robinson
264 Doug Robinson
287 (or similar) Jet air filtration system
(may buy 2 or 3) Scott
301 Jet drum sander Bas
302 Stand Bas
303 infeed/outfeed tables Bas
309 Doug Robinson
311 Doug Robinson
337 Powermatic 3-phase power feeder Scott
346 Wilton Metal Lathe Scott
383 Ellis Drill press (3 -phase) Scott
386 Jet metal cutting band saw Scott
400 Tensmith sheet metal brake Scott
474 Wilton HD machinist vise Scott
495 Wilton machinist vise Scott
518 Wilton precision tilting vise Scott

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Goodness Gracious!
I should invoice IRS Auctions my commission on all of this:rotflm:
Dang Black Friday deals and kitchen stove replacement will keep me out of this one.

Good luck everyone! Remember this is an auction and everything is as is where is. Not much if anything is first quality and some is pretty banged around and missing parts and pieces so no whining.

For the WMH stuff I would suggest a call to General Industrial Supply in Nashville, TN (615) 228-4060 http://generalindustrialsupp.com/ and compare what they would charge for one of their rebuilt tools. (don't go by their pricing on their website...that's all brand new, not re-built) This will give you an idea of where to stop bidding. They take overstocks, freight damaged, returned Jet, PM, and Wilton tools similar to what's in this auction. They then rebuild/repair/test and most importantly guarantee them for a short time for you to check out. I bought my Jet 12" disc sander there and paid much less than retail. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it other than a beat-up box. Jimmie is who I dealt with but he would not know me from Adam so don't use my name. They normally have a truck going to Knoxville each week so you may be able to arrange to meet them there for free shipping.

Mark, Master Enabler

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bas, (or should I say "Oh great technical guru")... I have a question - in order to make this easy, would it be possible for everybody to post to a common list, numerical listed from the top, so that we can easily see if anybody else is interested in the same item?

The river flows
Sounds echo throughout the season
And your call is answered

I created a page to signup for the auction. I took Scott's list as a starting point, everyone else please add your items. Doug - please add the descriptions for your items, the list only has the lot number.

This list is exactly that - a list. Nothing more. If you want something someone else is interested in, you may want to contact him or her and work something out. But it's not required, feel free to bid against someone else. Keep in mind that even though someone plans to bid, it may not actually happen. So it's good to have more than one interested party. Don't feel something is already "taken" if it's on the list.

You must be Discount Qualified to edit the list. The reason I'm imposing this restriction is that we've already had some discussions on picking up equipment for one another. The DQ status represents a measure of trust, which is appropriate in this case. If you are not Discount Qualified and want to participate, send Doug Robinson or me a PM.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
One other thing. Should this be private just for members only or something? I am still figuring what I want to bid on. Several items though....

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Privacy was why I was proposing PM communication. That would have been a Kludge though. A private thread might not be a bad idea. Is the horse already out of the barn? Is this possible?

Doug

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
Redmond Machinery just sent an email announcing a Blowout Christmas auction that links to the IRS pages. ....

Greetings!

Looking for a GREAT deal on a used machine?

Then Redmond's Christmas Clearance Auction is the place for you! We have put over 500 used woodworking and metalworking machines, parts and accessories on the auction block. Check it out and make your own best deal!

See the Used Machinery Update for more information.
Used Machinery Update

Check this out! Redmond Machinery is having an online Christmas Clearance Auction. Items in the auction consist of;
Woodworking machinery, such as; bandsaws, cabinet saws, drill presses, jointers, lathes, planers, shapers and more ...
Metalworking machinery, such as; drill presses, horizontal bandsaws, metal lathes, milling machines, vertical bandsaws, and more ...
Parts and accessories, such as; chain hoists, electric motors, pallet jacks, vises, and more...
DON'T WAIT! - BIDDING CLOSES 12/17/2008
Click Here To Enter The Auction Site

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin
Ok, I'll go first - I plan to bid on the 18" bandsaws.

I'm in desperate need for an 18" or larger bandsaw. I will not bid on the 18s since you are, but there is a 24" Meber I am going to bid on if no one else has.

I'd love to have this saw so I hope no one here has bid on it. Iam already wired for 3 phase as one of my table saws is a 1947 Oliver 270D so this would slide right into my shop like it was meant to be there. :eusa_danc

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin
I should also add, since we aren't competing against each other (hopefully) that I never bid until the last minute. I win a good percentage of bids and i think it's because I do it this way.

And because I usually pay too much. :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors