Deal Alert:Freud SD508 129.99 Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

That is an awesome price for an awesome dado set -- jump folks, jump; mine cost me $169...!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
DeWalt 7657, 40 tooth general purpose blade- $40 and some change. Also DeWalt 7640, 50 tooth combo blade-$36.99, Freud LU 84, 50 tooth combo $29.99. Hard to belive these prices.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
And back to $199 again this morning. It's like they're discriminating against those of us who shop from work...:eusa_thin

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
And back to $199 again this morning. It's like they're discriminating against those of us who shop from work...:eusa_thin

The sun has gone down!!!! Back down to $129. I just cannot figure this out!:BangHead: :BangHead:

Anyone know what their logic is?

Wayne

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Just ordered the LU 84R for $29.99 delivered. Almost as cheap as a sharpening. This is a good blade, I already own one. This is for my other saw.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
The sun is back up-well, sort of- back to $199! :rolf:
I guess the night manager likes the sale and the day manager doesn't.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Amazon- Go figure! When ordering my LU84R last nite, it said ships on Feb 1st (today). By time I finnished order, it says will ship on Feb 5th. Go figure! Still less than thiry bucks for a blade that most sell for around $60- $65 isn't bad.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
I started the thread 'cause I was excited by the price and wanted others to get in on a great deal as I did.

Well I got mine today and it's not looking good. Rust and physical damage... not good to say the least. It appears that I'm not alone as others have seen the same thing, as I and others have posted on woodnet.

So buyer beware. This is a hot deals found section so I'll not post photos and such. Maybe I'll post a new thread in the general woodworking area.

Hope this helps,
/Kevin

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Shoot Charles M a message. He will make it right. Also, WRITE amazon about problems. Let them know that you want a replacement that is in new condition, unless the add stated "used".

M

McRabbet

I started the thread 'cause I was excited by the price and wanted others to get in on a great deal as I did.

Well I got mine today and it's not looking good. Rust and physical damage... not good to say the least. It appears that I'm not alone as others have seen the same thing, as I and others have posted on woodnet.

So buyer beware. This is a hot deals found section so I'll not post photos and such. Maybe I'll post a new thread in the general woodworking area.

Hope this helps,
/Kevin
I am surprised that Amazon would sell a product of this caliber without an obvious disclaimer that it was used or blemished. I hope Charles M chimes in on this one, since I'm sure Freud won't be happy about it either. Are you able to establish from the packaging that the damage did not occur en route?

Rob

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Hey Guys,

I'm going to deal with Amazon first as they are the folks that I purchased the item from.

If that doesn't work out, I'll consider contacting Charles.

/Kevin

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Hey Guys,

As to the damage, it's the classic Amazon shipping story. Heavy product box placed into a oversized Amazon cardboard box with only a few light duty airbags placed in to take up some, but not all of the void. So during shipping the very heavy product box (in this case a dado stack) slam dances inside the oversized Amazon box.

Amazon seems to ship a heavy dado stack the same way that they pack a paperback book. The shipping department appears to believe that pixie faires gently deliver the packages once they leave the company.

/Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS