DaveD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveD

New User
Dave
Here goes....
62 years old, retired IBM software developer. Moved to Raleigh in 1976. born/raised in Cleveland Ohio. Started woodworking 40 years ago in the Army to maintain my sanity. 95% of what I make is for some practical need.

Have done everything from toy boxes, to full wall custom bookcases, Tv cabinets, end/coffee tables, stuff the wife wants, 1000 sq ft addition on my last home. Remodelled houses full time for a couple of years. Got myself a contractors license just to prove that I could do it. Let it expire a few years ago. Build a dozen or so decks and sheds over the years. Hire myself out as a 'job jar whore' if the work interests me. Enjoy building quality things.

Did a lot of part time evening/weekend work when I was younger doing small carpentry jobs. Done a fair amount of drywall over the years but now I'm too old for that stuff. No roofs/high stuff either.

Comfortable handling electrical, plumbing and carpentry. Really like doing interior trim carpentry (wainscoating, chair rail, crown moulding, wall to wall bookcases).

Mechanically inclined, built a couple of offroad vehicles with my son. That got me back into welding/fabricating. Now I'm into mig welding, plasma cutting junk (yard art). More tools!!! Want a TIG next and then probably a mill and metal lathe. Need a couple of side jobs to pay for them though.

Knowing how to weld/fabricate helps with woodworking for those instances where 'steel' is the right anwswer to some problem.

I work out of a 2 car garage shared with the wife's car. Had a 20x40 area all to myself at my last house.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well that would explain how you always give excellent advice over on Woodnet. Thanks again. Dave\\:D/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors