Cypress or red cedar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I've done absolutely nothing in the shop for almost a year now, so it's time to make some sawdust. Figured I'd start with something simple like a few planters to get back into the swing of things. I need ~80 - 100 bd ft of 4/4 cypress or red cedar. Any recommendations on who has this in stock? N. Raleigh area.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I've done absolutely nothing in the shop for almost a year now, so it's time to make some sawdust. Figured I'd start with something simple like a few planters to get back into the swing of things. I need ~80 - 100 bd ft of 4/4 cypress or red cedar. Any recommendations on who has this in stock? N. Raleigh area.

Hi Bas.

You may want to check with Scott Smith for cedar.

I picked up about 60 BDFT of cedar from him back in about May of this year to build a raised garden for the LOML and had enough to build a new bird feeder as well.

As usual, Scott will do you right.:icon_thum

Wayne

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Glad to hear you woke up from your long slumber!:wink_smil Is changing your jointer knives first on the list? :mad:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Glad to hear you woke up from your long slumber!:wink_smil Is changing your jointer knives first on the list? :mad:
Ha! Funny you should mention that. My Jointer/ Planer has a spiral cutterhead, so no knife changes for me! But they do need to be rotated soon, it's been 5 years...

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
saw4you on here. Jack has sawmill in rolesville. is on our supplier list
Duh. I'll call Jack, see what he has in stock.

Hi Bas.

You may want to check with Scott Smith for cedar.

I picked up about 60 BDFT of cedar from him back in about May of this year to build a raised garden for the LOML and had enough to build a new bird feeder as well.

As usual, Scott will do you right.:icon_thum

Wayne
You know, I got some cedar from Scott last year I think. Been sitting around. Should have gotten more of course...

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Bas, welcome back after a long break.

Cedar or cypress will work and you have 2 local suppliers. I prefer cypress for added strength, but that's just me. These are t&g cypress which weathered naturally.

P5070121.jpg

P1010001.png

rex1927

New User
rex
Is saw4you still cutting ?
I see he has not been on site lately
Great guy.:thumbs_up
I bought 2 shipments of lumber from him a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS