cypress lumber needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
I know it may seem weird for a sawyer to look for lumber however my kiln has 7 loads waiting so I do not have time to cut/dry and I'm in need of cypress lumber in 4/4 and 8/4 about a 1,000bf. Can anyone recommend a supplier for kiln dried stock? Looking for select 8-10' lengths, my inventory recently was wiped out and need to refill. 2 hour drive from va/nc line around I95 would be great. Thanks for your help

Chris

Bapakleo

New User
Leo
Chris, there is a rather large saw mill just on the south side of Albemarle Sound near Mackey's Ferry/Roper area. Guessing that is less than an hour from you. I was there a few weeks ago when Ben Hobbs hauled a 16' trailer load of cypress away. My understanding is they will provide whatever sizes you want in whatever quantity you want. It will be palletized and ready for pickup when you arrange it. For anyone else reading this, this is NOT a retail operation. You do not get to pick and choose and Ben's trailer load was, I got the idea, about as small as they are willing to mess with. Leo.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
You can try Williams Lumber in Rocky Mount ... there is also a guy down near Warsaw I think that mills cypress...maybe someone on here knows his name

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Ivey mills cypress all the time but I don't know if he has a kiln. His info is on this site. might also try Jack murdock [saw4you]

95vette

New User
Jim
Hello, The phone numbers for the Mackeys Lumber Co. are 252-793-3666 or 252-793-2950 ask for Earl Lindsey he is the foreman and knows everything there is about mill.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
I called Mackey's yesterday, they said they are completely out of cypress, some air drying and waiting for the kiln but like myself will be a while. I'll contact some of the other locations. I've heard of the outfit in Warsaw and found there contact last night, will try them as well. Thanks

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Chris, Gates Custom Milling is just down the road from you in Gatesville on NC37. They saw cypress and juniper.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
​Ivy has a kiln. Give him a shout. Good quality lumber.

+100. Ivey has had his kiln operational for several months; produces a great product at a very fair price. I heartily endorse him and he's not that far a drive for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS