Not open for further replies.

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
Let me know what yall think.
GEDC0817.jpg

M

McRabbet

BigJoe, That is a very nice cabinet! Well done! How do you plan to finish it? Just curious.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Terrific work there!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Never seen cypress on indoor furniture.

I too will be curious to see the piece with the final finish applied.

Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring, indeed!:icon_thum

Wayne

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
This was built for a cancer benefit auction.I didn't apply any finish as requested by the organizer.

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Good job, love the raised panels on the doors and drawers.

Couple thing I will add, is that I typically run the grain on the back panel veritcal, just my preference. You might want to add a cutout in the back panel at the center for cord access for you tv. Also, you might consider adding a 3/4" or even 1" shaped frame to the top to make the crown just to make it a little thicker and more pronounced.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
BigJoe - that looks great; thanks for sharing! One question - are your case sides glue-ups or veneered plywood?

Scott

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Very nice work BigJoe. I like the grain of that Cypress. What do you plan to finish it with and do you plan to color it? I am partial to like a light white wash on Cypress. The mantle in my home is made of old growth heart Cypress. I stripped it of its many coats of paint and refinished it with clear poly then rubbed it out and waxed it. you can still see some remains of white paint in the cracks and corners and also in the grain. turned out to be one of my favorites.

It just happens that I have a large Cypress stump slab that would make a terrific coffee table top to sit in front of that entertainment center (great place to prop your feet). The slab is a bit over 50 inches across and 3 inches thick. Good chance that I will never use it so if I can get the 200.00 that I paid for it, I would let it go to a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS