Cyclone Dust Collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodnick

New User
Nick
I need to install Cyclone dust collector ASAP, preferable tomorrow. I need 2,000 to 3,000 CFM. What should I get and were can I get it???

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
There are many good cyclones Torit, Donaldson, JDS, Oneida, Grizzly, Clearvue, Jet, Delta, etc, but finding one locally will be a challenge. There may be a store or two in Raleigh, Charlotte, or Greensboro that does, but I am not sure of one. Additionally, there is the duct/pipe to get.

I would suggest checking all of the Craigslists in the above cities and calling Klingspor and Woodcraft in the respective cities. You might also check woodweb and ebay for someone selling one in the area.

Now that I think about it, I bet you can find one at J and G machinery in Sanford.

Good luck

M

McRabbet

You won't have it tomorrow and you'll need to assemble it, but I would recommend a ClearVue CV1800 MAX, which has just under 2,000 CFM airflow through its 8" inlet. Current price is under $1,750 delivered with filters, relay and remote controller. It is very efficient and is a Bill Pentz design. ClearVue is located in neighboring SC and uses high quality materials (5 HP Leeson motor). Several members here have CV1800's (Dino Drosas, Jim Murphy, Purple Thumb, myself, to name a few) and I believe they are all very pleased with their performance (mine is still being installed, but that is another story).

You didn't state the reason for your urgency? Or is it because you know you need one badly?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Search ebay for "Cyclone dust." There is a seller/manufacturer in Greensboro (I believe) you can buy directly from them. Also you can contact L}Klingspor or Woodcraft as I beleive they both carry some brands of Cyclones.

I have a Penn State cyclone and I have seen good Oneida ones too.

Good luck.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Woodcraft in Matthews had a JDS cyclone, 2HP, I think, that used to be in their training room. It was virtually brand new and I think up for sale. Call over there and I bet they'd work you a deal.

woodnick

New User
Nick
Thanks to: Jeremy; Doug; Rob; Travis; Greg , for there help this afternoon. The reason for the short time frame was my son ask me to quote installing a dust collection were he works. And must be installed by the end of next week. I'm going to quote a Grizzly GO601 (subject to change) Thanks Again, Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS