Cutting boards for food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I've been making some cutting boards to sell at the NCSU Craft Fair, Saturday, Nov. 19th in the Thompson Building (off Pullen Dr.). All profits will be donated to the Foodbank of Eastern and Central NC, and I've already presold a couple (22 remain), so I've got a good start towards my goal of $500. If you're looking for something to do, please stop by. There will be lots of talented craftspeople, including some woodworkers, plus refreshments and good vibes. Note that there is a $1 admission fee.​

All boards are end grain. The more decorative boards are ~1.25" thick, while the solid cherry and maple boards are 2" thick. Oiled and waxed.

board61.JPG

Walnut, maple and cherry

board51.JPG

Maple and purpleheart, ala the Woodwhisperer

board4_816_x_612_.JPG

Maple, cherry, walnut, sapele, purpleheart, padauk - thanks to old friend Dave Levy (davelevycreations.com)

board1_816_x_612_.JPG

Ipe and maple

board2_816_x_612_.JPG

Black cherry

board3_816_x_612_.JPG

Maple

bash

New User
bash
Very nice boards - I especially like the solid black cherry board. Think I'll stop by the Thompson building next Saturday to see the crafts. Maybe pick up a cutting board.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
They all look great, Dan!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Betcha they will sell very fast and generate orders for more.

Wayne

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Dan those are awesome....I'm hoping to get by there next sat:eek:ccasion1

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan, Great looking boards and for a great cause. Thank you.
If you still have some I would like two of the black cherry and one of the maple, cherry and walnut boards . I can stop by on Sat morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS