Cutting Boards Finished.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Finally finished 2 cutting boards that I've been working on. One is Purple heart and hard maple, the other scraps (poplar?). The Performax 16-32 was a lot of help on this project! Ship these off to my two daughters and make me one later. Future yard sale items I bet! Now, starting on a chisel rack out of walnut for my Two Cherries 6pc chisel set coming this week!

Attachments

• cutting board2 (640 x 609).jpg
    cutting board2 (640 x 609).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 175
  • cutting board3 (640 x 561).jpg
    cutting board3 (640 x 561).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 175
  • cutting board1 (640 x 302).jpg
    cutting board1 (640 x 302).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 182

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice work Wayne. The pattern on the "scrap" one is outstanding :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Both are end grain. Finished with Salad Bowl Finish and Mineral Spirits 50/50. The one with poplar/whatever? was a glue-up that I found at Woodworkers Paradise in Marion. One of the woods had a distinctive green tint. I guess it was meant to be veneered, but I thought I saw cutting board potential. Fairly easy to make. I need to figure out some more patterns. Still have some Purple Heart and Hard Maple left. Enough for 2-3 more cutting boards. Have some 8/4 Black Walnut and 8/4 Cherry here too. Might make one with a mix of those wood species. Really enjoying myself. Hope the kids don't start complaining about getting all this stuff in the mail! LOL:lol::lol:

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Jon, as a matter of fact I stole your ideal and put the plastic clear bumpers from the BORG!:lol::lol::eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS