Custom Work Referral

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty49

New User
Reid Smith
Good Evening Everyone,
i received an E-Mail from a person in Morehead, NC asking me if I could do some turning for him- See E-Mail Below:
[Hello I'm in need of a simple wood turning job .

I will appreaciate if you could call me .

Gus de Martino
Morehead City NC

252 240-3233

Thank you Happy Holidays !]
I Mailed him back telling him I was at limit at the moment but would be glad to look see what he was needing and to send me some drawings or pictures to better be able to tell a cost or estimated time involved. He Mailed me back the Following-
[Hi Thank for your replay what I need is very simple to di in fact last time it was some kids form high school (Carpentry class) that did it but the class is not longer available.

What I need is the following

is a beachwood dumbbell like the photo one single piece it is use for dog training
and is made in 3 different sizes
for the first size I would need 30 , second 20 , third 15

I will like for this to have a coat of natural wax / no odors or qemicals considering that the dogs bit on it.

Size is inch x 10 aprox.
Second size is 4 inch x 11 aprox
Third size is 5 inch x 12

Call me and let me know.

Thank you
Gus

252 240-3233]
view_submsg.cgi

I don't have access to the wood he's requesting nor really the equipment for the production level he's requesting so I thought since he was in the NC area maybe one of our forum members in that area might help him.
I had sent a PM to Dave asking him if it was alright to post this for the group and he obliged.
So if anyone is interested I'll be glad to forward my E-mail to them and E-Mail the client telling him of the forward of his work.
Thanks Dave !
Have a Good One,
Smitty

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I believe this is an example of what he is looking for -

Schweikert20Catalog20photos20299.jpg

Doesn't look to difficult. DavidF, you're great at turning square things:lol::lol:. The only difficultly would be finding stock large enough for the larger sizes :eusa_thin
Dave:)

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
DaveO said: "The only difficultly would be finding stock large enough for the larger sizes"

And I thought you knew that was what glue is for ... ;-)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
But "beachwood" doesn't glue up very well. It has a high sand content :lol::lol::lol::lol:
I was more concerned with the general availability of it at all, in any thickness;-).

J

jeff...

If you guys can take green beech, I think I could get the blanks sawn up pretty reasonably.

panthony

New User
Pete
Internet Lumber dot com

Located close to me in Mocksville has 4/4 FAS American Beech for about $2.29 bf (retail).

I just bought a bunch of local cut and kiln dried 6/4(rough) soft maple from them...pretty good stuff.

They also have a pile of turning plugs..all kinds of exotics and sizes.

I'm not trying to plug for them...but they are a pretty good bunch of local guys tryin to peddle some decent lumber.

There on the net at will ship just about anywhere.

Pete A.

panthony

New User
Pete
Here's yer link

http://www.internetlumber.com/

If your coming up from Salisbury it's a straight shot up 601. Come straight through town stay on 158 (N. Main St.). Turn right on Milling St. go down to Industrial Blvd. and make a right. About half way down and on the right there is a warehouse with a bunch of lumber outside. There is no sign. Just go in through one of overheads...and ask one of the workers for the office. Last time I was there the office was upstairs temporarily due to remodeling on the first floor.

InternetLumber.com, LLC
192 Industrial Blvd
Mocksville, NC 27028

877-769-5747
(Vonage Users use: 800-754-7216)

Pete A.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Thanks Pete---------I guess somone needs to add that to our supplier list. I just looked for that list and forgot how to get to it LOL.

Jerry

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Thanks Pete---------I guess somone needs to add that to our supplier list. I just looked for that list and forgot how to get to it LOL.

Jerry

that's an easy one, i got it!

just added. Our list is a Wiki, which means we can all edit it, by clicking "edit" at the bottom of the page.

J

jeff...

I've heard a lot of good things about Internetlumber.com can't say I've ever ordered anything from them or even been there to look around. Heck I haven't even been to Walllumber.com or EastwakeHardwoods.com either but I have talked with the owners on the phone and they seem like real nice folks. If you do happen to find a lumber supplier your happy with that's a real good thing, stick with em. The Lumber business is not an easy racket, it's is very much relationship driven with the best advertisement being word of mouth.

Thanks

DavidF

New User
David
I believe this is an example of what he is looking for -

Schweikert20Catalog20photos20299.jpg

Doesn't look to difficult. DavidF, you're great at turning square things:lol::lol:. The only difficultly would be finding stock large enough for the larger sizes :eusa_thin

Hey! he cut one of my pepper mills in half!!!! - The shape does look familiar doesn't it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS