Custom Randell 3.0 Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi Everyone
Anyone that has seen my work knows I really love to create Custom Functional Intarsia pieces. From One of a kind Jewelry/ Keepsake box lids to Custom Intarsia Beer Tap Handles to Custom Inlayed Virges I will gladly accept any challenge. My newest commissioned project was making a custom base for a Randell 3.0 Flavor Inducer for a local brewery.A couple of years ago I did the tower and tap handles for the Rabid Otter Brewery and the owner added the Randell 3.0 Flavor Inducer but needed a custom stand made to match the tower and taps. I also had to make a larger version of the logo and another tap handle.
So here it is-- made from solid mahogany with the Intarsia logo(60 pieces from 10 woods).Also a photo of the original Taps and tower.Fun Stuff!!!
IMG_0641.JPG IMG_0645.JPG IMG_0651.JPG Rabid Otter 045.jpg

wdkits1

New User
Mike
To Jeff
Thanks
I applied 5 coats of Minwax Satin Wipe-on Poly sanding between coats with 400 grit.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That should hold up to the moisture and alcohol! Didn't have that typical "Poly" look so, nice job there too.
Mike,
Jeff is right it didn't have that "Poly" look.
Do you think that is typical of the Minwax wipe-on poly (I have thought that before) or did you do something special as a final finish?

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Mike, your pieces continue to amaze. Every time I see one I am as awestruck as I was with the previous one. Please keep posting.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Thanks Guys
To Hank-I've always had good luck with the Minwax wipe-on poly. I think the secret is in the surface prep and making sure not to apply it too thick. I also use old flannel sheets as an applicator .Seems to work better than a cotton cloth. Sanding lightly between coats with 400 grit makes it very smooth. I usually allow each coat to cure for 24hrs before I sand and clean any fine dust with the flannel rag and fine paint brush before applying the next coat. I finish it off by using a paper towel with Pledge furniture polish to make it slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS