Curved apron

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
This is the bow front I did. Some thing to consider is just doing a full width drawer front, the bottom overlaps the front drawer rail.
87811E01-F55E-4EF0-8AE0-431180DB6579.jpeg

23062363-2687-4B08-93E4-4A9721D84FCC.jpeg

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
@DrBob - Beautiful piece! I'm actually doing a door hinged on one side and a lock on the other. You wouldn't think you'd need a fair bit of strength in a church environment, but you do...
Here's a rendering.

Attachments

• Round Votive stand with metal globe holders.jpg
    Round Votive stand with metal globe holders.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 71

NYTransplant

Tim
Corporate Member
Wow, the pieces in this thread are amazing! I can only hope to bring my skills up to the point where I'd even attempt a curved table. It's refreshing to see how freely the assistance flows from the members.

Another reason why this forum is so awesome!

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
@DrBob - Beautiful piece! I'm actually doing a door hinged on one side and a lock on the other. You wouldn't think you'd need a fair bit of strength in a church environment, but you do...
Here's a rendering.
Joe,

Have you thought about placing the door underneath or on the backside? That way there is just a slot in front for a cleaner look.

Not my original idea—the votive candle stand at my old church was setup this way.

Zach

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Joe,

Have you thought about placing the door underneath or on the backside? That way there is just a slot in front for a cleaner look.

Not my original idea—the votive candle stand at my old church was setup this way.

Zach
Zach - thanks for the thoughts. Yes, I had considered it. I don't want to put it on the back because I don't want folks to have to move it to take out the money - given the layout, it needs to be snug against the corner. With the bottom, I wouldnt want the money to just fall out when the trap door is opened and putting a removable box means holding the box in place while keying the lock - I have to make this easy for 70 year olds!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS