Curly ERC anyone ever seen any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

You guys ever seen curly eastern red cedar? Man it's awesome looking 8-O

I've cut up alot of ERC since I got my WM, I ran across one with figured grain that had an old coke bottle in the log. But I was milling along slicing slabs and a happened to look at the log and there was a patch of curly grain. I thought to myself, curly cedar yeah right. But I set the board aside and took it in the shop a little later. I ran it through the planer and sure enough it's curly eastern red cedar a small patch never the less but still curly. Wow now I think I've seen just about everything 8-O. So I sliced that section out, dried it and cut that bad boy into pen blanks :-D. I searched the rest of the lumber from that log and no more curly-ness :crybaby2:.

J

jeff...

oh thats right pictures, eye candy :slap:

Attachments

• Dec28$01.jpg
    Dec28$01.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Dec28$02.jpg
    Dec28$02.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Dec28$03.jpg
    Dec28$03.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Dec28$04.jpg
    Dec28$04.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 191

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Jeff, That is some pretty wood! Turn a pen and let everyone see a real good looking pen! Thanks for the pics! :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would love to turn a pen or two out of Lot #2, let me have a crack before you send it to the IAP :-D

Dave:)

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
I'de be happy to turn lot 4 for you and send you pictures of what they look like. If you pay shipping, I'll pay for the film development..hahahaha

Nice looking cedar...
Chris

JRD

New User
Jim
Jeff,

I turned a pen/pencil set for my youngest son out of Cedar because that's the wood he selected.

Just remember, Cedar is very soft and dings will show up very early on if the owner/user isn't carefull with the pen.

Don't want to pop your bubble because that is some very "purdy" wood.

Jim

J

jeff...

I would love to turn a pen or two out of Lot #2, let me have a crack before you send it to the IAP :-D

Dave:)

Man that is sweet. I would like to turn some of that curl :eusa_danc

Dave/Nick, It's a little to late, their already posted over on IAP, BUT I just so happen to have a few extras. Shoot me your address in a PM and I'll snail mail some your way :rolf:

Thanks

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
" Dave/Nick, It's a little to late, their already posted over on IAP"

I checked the Lexicon - No IAP. What is IAP???

pete

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
The IAP is the International Association of Penturners. It's a board much like this one, but it's main focus is pen turning.

J

jeff...

" Dave/Nick, It's a little to late, their already posted over on IAP"

I checked the Lexicon - No IAP. What is IAP???

pete

Pete - IAP is (International Association of Penturners) I post my pen blanks over there under the individual classified. My user-name is jeffm19, please consider buying some. I have a daughter getting married this in October, I have 3 in college and one son that's going to technical school in July. Proceeds are going to good cause, my family. I would like to win the lottery, but if you don't buy tickets how can you win?

Thanks

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Jeff, I would have thought that was common wood here in ACC country(Aromatic Curly Cedar)? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geesh, was that weak or what? :-D

BTW, nice looking stuff. :icon_thum

Chuck

J

jeff...

Dave / Nick - I thought about this long and hard. I'm yanking lot #2 off IAP, splitting it into two flat rate envelopes, filling the void with curly sycamore and sending to both of you. Why? because I can and besides I get a kick out of seeing the pens you guys turn out of the blanks (there awesome). :rolf:

I'll get a flat rate envelope out to you guys in the morning.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS