Crraappp,,, my Dewalt 618 is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Ok friends,,, Once agian I need some help,,(by the way I thank everyone for helping me as I grow as a woodworker) Well Im trying my darndest to get an entertainment center done and wouldnt you know it, as I was routing out the dado's I heard a rattling in my router. So it being a refurb and no warranty I took the top off, sure enough there is a big ring that goes under the center bushing that is broke. Well doesn anyone know where the nearest dewalt center is to have it fixed,,I have a customer waiting for me and I hate that Im down to my last router being broke,,guess im getting another one when I get payed. Thanks friends and be blessed.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You will probably be just as fast to order the part if they do not have it in stock. I went there a couple of weeks ago for a part for my 625 and they had to order it from them. I had it shipped directly to me for I believe $6 extra, but I did get it in 2 days so if you are willing to do the work yourself, you can have it running in a short amount of time.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Michael, My 621 stands ready for you, also have a milwaukee body-grip 1.75 hp unit, too.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
NCPete,
You’re a Scholar and Gentleman, thanks for the loan buddy, I however did not want the dark side to win last night so I stayed up in the weeee hours of the night fixing the switch on my PC690, With a little solder, and a crap load of luck it works, hopefully until my dewalt gets fixed,,lol. If it doesn’t I will definitely take you up on the offer. I still want to get with you sometime so you can show me the dovetail jig, be blessed

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
There is an outfit with parts available here in Fayetteville, can't remember the name, but they may have what you need in stock. If I can figure it out, I'll give you a call later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS