crosscut sled

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I wanted to try to make a crosscut sled for my BT3100.
As you know the BT3100 comes with no miter guide slots, there is an add on that mounts on one side (I don’t have that) and its only on one side.
I will not be using any store bought sleds or jigs, so I figured I could use some nice smooth straight channel from the BORG it don’t have to be standard size, and that’s what I did mounted a piece on both sides, aligned one up with the blade then aligned the second one up to the first one.
Then I milled some oak for runners and made a test sled to see if it would work, off set on one side, and to only make 90 deg. cuts.
I used the 5 side cut method to check the squarness of the fence, had to make about 4 tries tell I got the fence like I wanted then glued it in place, still have to make a blade cover on the back and purity it up some.
I works slide's smooth, makes great cuts, now I can make some more sleds, one for 45 deg, one for 22.5 deg and an adjustable one.

the guides
DSC01557a.jpg

The sled

HEY its just a test sled

DSC01561a.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great job Earl, way to take a problem and solve it. You should send your idea into the woodworking mags or at least post it on the BT3000 forum. I bet a lot of people could benefit from it.
Dave:)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Pretty cool sled :eusa_danc

I've been thinking about doing the same thing.
How did you attach the runners to the rails?

pete

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Pretty cool sled :eusa_danc

I've been thinking about doing the same thing.
How did you attach the runners to the rails?

pete

The runners are attched to the main saw not the runners with sloppy holes so i could adjust them:lol::lol:

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Earl, I have the same saw. I also have the add-ons. They are worth the cost. HOWEVER, you have made me jealous! LOL. Now I'm going to have to make me a sled. :rolf: :rolf: :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS