Critter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
No, not the creepy/crawly type.:mrgreen: Has anyone had any experience with the Critter sprayer? See link ==>> http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=1782&refcode=05INFROO
I have had one for over three years and the first time I tried it about three years ago, with paint I was not at all pleased with it. I probably didn't have the paint thinned enough to spray properly.:?: So I put it back in the box and didn't use it again until this week. I was repairing/refinishing an old wood chair and wanted to put clear water based poly on it. I decided to try the Critter again, since I couldn't hurt the old chair. It was in bad shape when I my MIL gave it to me, so I had nothing to loose if the sprayer didn't work. Well much to my delight it sprays poly very well. I was able to put a coat of poly on in just a few minutes compared to brushing it on. And the clean up is a breeze, just put warm water in a pint jar and spray it through the nozzle. It is a very simple/cheap sprayer with only one moving part, the trigger. You can store your finish in pint or larger mason type jars. I will test it out on other finishes as the need arises. Just thought some of you ww'ers with shallow pockets like me, might be interested is a simple/cheap sprayer.

Oh, I did have a real critter on the front porch this morning. A small chicken snake was curled up under the front door mat that the storm blew up against the house last night. I guess he was trying to get out of the wind/rain/hail we had last night. :mrgreen:

The photo does not do the finish justice.

Attachments

• DSC02614_edited.JPG
    DSC02614_edited.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 234

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dolan, thanks for the review on something under $400 :cool:

Hmmm, that Critter might just fit in the Woodcraft Bag Sale bag. :mrgreen:

And you got the word out just in time!

Sapwood (repeating three times: "I will not go to Raleigh today")

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dolan,
My FIL gave me a Critter a few years ago as a Christmas gift but I left it in the box and had forgotten all about it until you mentioned it in your post. I will have to dig it out to see if I can play with it a bit. Your right about it being a very simple product and the ability to save various finishes in several mason jars is nice too. Did you have to thin the poly you shot with it?

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I have seen that little thing in the WC catalog, and discounted it as being far too simple to be much good. thanks for a review of an inexpensive and apparently worthwhile tool-thingy!:lol:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
D L Ames said:
Dolan,
Did you have to thin the poly you shot with it?

D L

No DL , I just poured the poly in the jar and did a test pattern on the edge of my work bench, adjusted the nozzle and went to work. It went on very smooth, with no globs, splatters, etc. I haven't tried stain yet, so I don't know how that will work but I think it will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors