Crib is finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryC

New User
Barry
Well by butt isn't going to be toast after all! I have the crib finished and set up. It is all Cherry with 1/4" plywood on the top of the mattress support. Stained with red mahogany and wipe on poly. This started as rough Cherry that I worked down into what you see. The slats are mortised into the rails and the fit isn't too bad for my first time mortising anything! I even managed to get the spacing even all the way around except for right at the corners but I think it transitions pretty well.

My beautiful wife bought me a father's day present to go on the crib so in case you can't read it it says "Made with love by Daddy's hands 2008".

Thanks for looking!!

tn_DSCF0186.JPG

tn_DSCF0187.JPG

tn_DSCF0190.JPG

T

toolferone

As nice as the crib is it doesn't come close to what will be sleeping in it! Nice job!!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I know that's a nice project to have finished BEFORE the lil' one gets here!

It looks GREAT! Nice work, but as much as we love the pics of the ww'ing, we've GOTTA see the baby!!!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Awesome looking crib. You did a wonderful job. I know your wife will be proud.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Barry,

I think you did a wonderful job on it!

The little plaque really gives it a super nice finishing touch!

Y'all should be very proud!

Thank you for showing.

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Nice job!
I'm going to start my own very soon and I'm wondering where you got the hardware. Also, where did you get the rough lumber around here.
Thanks
Steve

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great work, Barry!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

That will be a crib to be treasured for a very long time!

Wayne

BarryC

New User
Barry
Thanks for the comments everyone!! They really mean a lot!

Shayne, I did buy the 3-in-1 crib plans and when I started looking at them I decided not to use them per say. I did use some of the mesaurements for the dimensions of the sides but not much else.

Steve, the hardware came from Rockler and Lowes. Surprisingly when I ran out of the Rockler Lowes had it to match perfectly. The wook came from Internet lumber in Mocksville.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Great job friend! Did you make all of the pieces for the toddler bed and single bed too at the same time. I made one very similar to the one you made out of quartersawn oak that I sold to a young specalist in my unit back at Ft Bragg, he didnt have a lot of money and I sold it ot him to help him out. Great job by the way. If you dont mind me asking how much did you spend on wood and the BF used to complete the project?

BarryC

New User
Barry
Great job friend! Did you make all of the pieces for the toddler bed and single bed too at the same time. I made one very similar to the one you made out of quartersawn oak that I sold to a young specalist in my unit back at Ft Bragg, he didnt have a lot of money and I sold it ot him to help him out. Great job by the way. If you dont mind me asking how much did you spend on wood and the BF used to complete the project?

Michael I started with 100 bf and have maybe 20 left. I did bungle a few pieces along the way so I could have had more left. Still working on the measure twice and cut once thing but haven't master it yet.:rotflm:
I didn't make anything but the crib and will worry about the other two pieces closer to when they are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS