Crib for our new son

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgellers

New User
Paul
Happy New Year everyone! I just wanted to share a few pictures of a crib that my wife and I recently finished for our son (Born Dec 19). It was a fun project and definitely a challenge for my limited skills. I learned a lot! The mortise and tenon slats were the most tedious bit. The rails and posts are black cherry and the slats are curly red maple. The mouse crawling up the leg was carved by my father-in-law out of eastern redcedar. The finish is Minwax Antique Oil. Paul

DSC_6383.JPG

View image in gallery

cptully

New User
Chris
I love the mouse detail on the leg!:eusa_clap Have fun with your new son - children grow up too fast, be sure to watch the world through his eyes and see everything new while you can! My daughter is 8 now (almost 9) and it has been a thrill ride like no other watching her grow up and learn about the world.:icon_cheers

All the Best,
Chris

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
Very nice work.:thumbs_up The mouse detail is great. Enjoy watching your son grow. It's an experience like no other.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Paul very nice work! And congratulations on the new man in the house. I echo the comments about the joys in store for you. But in the next breathe, believe me, coming from a guy with 3 sons currently in college, "he won't get any sweeter than he is right now!!!!

Kettrell

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice work there bro!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Limited skills my @%* looks great from where I'm sitting and the mouse carving is an extra special and nice touch. :icon_thum

Congrats on the early Christmas gift, our youngest turned 1 last month and she's already changed a lot in that little time.

Brian.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now that is some really nice work!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

I too really like that mouse detail. :wsmile:I am sure that whole project will be admired for many years to come.

Little ones are fun!!!!!!!!!:icon_cheers

We have raised four beautiful girls and now I am at the grampa stage and continuing to build new projects for both my daughters and now a new (to me) grand daughter.

They do grow up way too fast!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy every day of the little one!

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. (Cudo's to the LOYL for pitching and helping out with the build!!!!:eusa_danc)

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Really nice work Paul. Looks like a family heirloom already. I bet your grand kids, and maybe even great grand kids will enjoy that crib. :eusa_danc Hope you and your wife signed it somewhere so those future generations will always know who made it. :icon_thum

Bill

pgellers

New User
Paul
Thanks to all for the kind words. We are really excited about watching our little guy grow up. Hopefully we can instill in him that you can make things with your own two hands and that not everything has to come from a factory on the other side of the world. Looking forward to some "shop time"' with him down the road!

Bill- we had a small brass plate engraved with our names, etc and attached to the inside of the lower front rail. Not visible from the outside, but hopefully will remain for future generations! Paul

manfre

New User
Manfre
That's a really nice looking crib. If you add up all the time you spend building that, you still came out ahead compared to pondering which one to buy.

T

toolferone

Wow, that is beautiful! As others have said, kudos on the little one. My brother told me this when my first was born "Welcome to the club" A comment that means so much once you are a member.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Paul,

Thanks for posting the picture of your son. What a great looking little boy!

bobby g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS