Creative sharpening

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
While in L.A. this past week my stepdaughter ask if I would prune some of the tropical jungle that is her back yard. I happily agreed until I found her dull and rusty pruning sheers and loppers.
Lucky for her, Mike Davis taught me how to use just about anything lying around to sharpen. That ' anything' happened to be a ceramic tile left over from her bathroom redo. She had no sand paper which I found amazing.
I flipped that tile over and went to town on those tools. I have to admit that I was skeptical as I laid the blade across the tile over and over but all of a sudden bright metal appeared and a sharp edge developed.
Needless to say my audience was impressed but better for me I was proud this old dawg learned a new and useful trick! Thanks again Mike:eusa_danc

DavidF

New User
David
While in L.A. this past week my stepdaughter ask if I would prune some of the tropical jungle that is her back yard. I happily agreed until I found her dull and rusty pruning sheers and loppers.
Lucky for her, Mike Davis taught me how to use just about anything lying around to sharpen. That ' anything' happened to be a ceramic tile left over from her bathroom redo. She had no sand paper which I found amazing.
I flipped that tile over and went to town on those tools. I have to admit that I was skeptical as I laid the blade across the tile over and over but all of a sudden bright metal appeared and a sharp edge developed.
Needless to say my audience was impressed but better for me I was proud this old dawg learned a new and useful trick! Thanks again Mike:eusa_danc

Good tip there Barbara (and Mike) ever resourceful!

rherrell

New User
Rick Herrell
While you were in L.A. did you make it to San Pedro? It's on the coast between Long Beach and Torrance. It's where I was born and spent the first 38 years of my life.
Great weather and LOTS of COLORFUL history. I regret that most of L.A. is not as nice as "Pedro".
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS