Craigslist Walnut - This you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I sent an email saying I was looking for 40-50bf. I received a response that this wood was at his house. No city. No name. Just a phone number.

Before I call, drive to some strange place, and ... am never seen again, I thought I'd check if this was one of y'all.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/5520004888.html

Thanks!
Not mine... Take your pistol, turn your cell phone GPS on and call the wife when you arrive at your destination.

At least then, you can protect yourself if you have to and they can track you a little bit, if you do happen to come up missing.

But I do know what you mean... I drove up in a freaking holler in the mountains to pick up my craigslist turkeys poults. The lady said her husband wasn't home yet. I said well I sit right here in the truck and wait for him then. She lifted up her coat to show me her pistol on her side and said "no need - God created equalizers". Honestly I felt a lot better, because I'm pretty old fashioned - I never visit a lady that's alone. But for some odd reason knowing she had a pistol in her side just made me feel better about the whole thing...

Danny Batchelor

Danny
User
Bad guys are behind every boulder. Times do be different than the 50's & 60's where you could hitch hike across the country. Beware!

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Well that was not where I thought the "'My husband's not home' then she lifted up her..." story was gonna go. LOL

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I sent an email saying I was looking for 40-50bf. I received a response that this wood was at his house. No city. No name. Just a phone number.

Before I call, drive to some strange place, and ... am never seen again, I thought I'd check if this was one of y'all.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/5520004888.html

Thanks!

Dave those are good boards not outstanding in any way. The price he is asking is premium per foot. I'd contact Scott Smith and see what he has on hand. Its a drive down to Old US 1 but I think you will be impressed with his stock. Scott is well known here on the site and he has a big supply of air dried wood.

Dan

Rick M

New User
Rick
Statistically you are more likely to die of diarrhea than be killed in a Craigslist meeting. And about 80% of CL killings are sex related meetings, IIRC. So if they ask for sex in exchange for walnut, beware!
-- Rick M

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
Bad guys are behind every boulder. Times do be different than the 50's & 60's where you could hitch hike across the country. Beware!

that's actually not true at all. crime stats haven't changed much in 50 years. of course, some areas have ups and downs (related to the economy) but crime is not what the news outlets want you to believe.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
The last Craigs List deal I got was great. Rough sawn 8/4 for $3.50 a foot, air dried for 7 years. Real pretty stuff. I can't remember who was scared the most though, me or the seller. We both took extra measures to ensure that all things were legit.

No way I will ever pay $10 a foot. Not even close.

068E.JPG

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Statistically you are more likely to die of diarrhea than be killed in a Craigslist meeting. And about 80% of CL killings are sex related meetings, IIRC. So if they ask for sex in exchange for walnut, beware!
-- Rick M

All depends on what she looks like. :D

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
-- Rick M

Good tip!

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Dave those are good boards not outstanding in any way. The price he is asking is premium per foot. I'd contact Scott Smith and see what he has on hand. Its a drive down to Old US 1 but I think you will be impressed with his stock. Scott is well known here on the site and he has a big supply of air dried wood.

Dan

No doubt, Dan. I'm always digging around for a deal (and $4bf for common that I could cut around was worth a call). In the meantime, another of our members, xlogger (Ricky), has reached out to me so I'm gonna head up to his place on the high ground of Bahama from these the lowlands of S. Durham.

This having been a bit of an impulse is the only reason I didn't start with known good eggs like Scott.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
-- Rick M

Given those two options for dying, I'll take "Craigslist killing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS