Craftsman Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL Spicer

New User
Al
Hello All,

I just finished entering one of my pieces for the 2016 Veneer Tech Craftsman’s Challenge. It is a Tilt Top Table 30W x 30H x 30D. It contains 20,400 pieces in the design. The three main veneers used were mahogany, fumed eucalyptus, and bloodwood. The edging was quartered sapele and the stringing was made with maple and dyed black veneer. The stand was made using stitch-n-glue method on 1/4” MDF, to create the final shape before veneering. That’s one down and two more to go.
tilttop1.jpg

tilttop3.jpg

tilttop2.jpg

Attachments

• tilttop1.jpg
    tilttop1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102

llucas

luke
Senior User
That is sooo beautiful, I don't know what to say. Diligence and patience and talent came together in a fantastic way!

Touchwood

New User
Don
Fantastic work!!! Great design, wood selection and artistry...congratulations. IMHO the others in the competition don't stand a chance
Cant begin to guess how many hours are in it...

Rick M

New User
Rick
Flabbergasted. Worthy of every superlative I can throw at it.

On my way out to burn my shop and take up needlepoint.

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
Whoa Nellie! How many decades did that take? Impressive. If it does not win, something is way wrong with the judges!

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Wow that is amazing. I hope no one else entered because there is no way anything can beat this!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Al showed me a picture of the top of this incredible piece a few weeks ago and I was astounded to see it on his phone -- now to see the entire table, I am even more impressed. Al, you are a wizard and certainly deserve to win this national competition. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS